Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I think it will, but i'm not going to run out and buy one on 2011 just to say i bought it on the 100th anniversary

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I want to buy a 1911 for next year, but if they jack up the prices to take advantage of people, I'm going to say F it and buy something else.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes, I think a 10% bump in 1911 sales could happen.
I would think there are enough 1911 collectors that will by the 100th yr editions. I doubt that any of them will be worth anything more than the regular 2010 & 2012 editions.

It'll probably depend on the manufacturer also. I could see a big spike for Colt and Springfield. I'm hoping the prices of the non special editions will be lower due to the market being flooded with the collectors editions.

I might get one to give to my son when he's 18. That's 17 years from now, but I'm getting him a gun a year anyway.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
1911 sales are already pretty robust across the board, as evidenced by the almost continuous stream of new manufacturers/builders over the past several years. I suspect there might be a small spike due to the anniversary, but I doubt it would be really significant. JMO. There should be some interesting centennial models with upgrades/design tweaks, though, just to keep everyone's attention.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
1911 sales increase every year and have been for some time. If not, new manufacturers wouldnt continue to get into the 1911 game. Regardless of how many makers and from how many countries, they just cant make them fast enough to keep up with the demand. The words been spreading for about 100 years now.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
With 63 1911s in my current collection, I forsee buying a couple more next year. As for a Centennial Special Edition, I do not see myself buying one of them.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.