wilderness instructor belt (which one)??

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by cosmose, Mar 25, 2010.

1. cosmose

cosmose

i'm thinking about getting a gun belt (never had one) seems like everybody talks good about the wilderness instructor belt's. i want to keep it around the $50 mark, and most leather belts are way over that. so would the instructor belt be good for ccw? ( glock 30sf iwb) also what size? 1 3/4 or 1/1/2? 5 stitch or csm?? i really don't know much about them, any help would be appreciated

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Most common recommendation you'll see is for the 1.5in 5stitch.Many here speak fondly of the CSM model as well(basically has a polymer insert for support). I've never personally owned the CSM model, but the normal 5stitch, is a really good belt. I don't know what you're carrying on now, but you'll probably see a remarkable improvement.

Hope that helps.

IGF

3. beala

beala

I'd order the biggest width that your belt loops allow. I went with the 1.75" w/CSM insert, but many people think the 5-stitch alone provides enough stiffness.

Mine provides plenty of support for my g19 IWB MTAC holster, and cost $57 including shipping.

4. flagg

flagg

I just bought the 1.5" 5 stitch last week. It hasn't come in yet, but if it's as big an improvement as I think it'll be, I'm going to buy a Beltman.

1.5 is a good common size.

I have several holsters for 1.5 belts, so I went that route.

5. beala

beala

To those recommending 1.5": Why not the 1.75"? Is it mostly for compatibility reasons (ie fits more pants)? My understanding is that extra width provides more stiffness, so you should get the widest you can (especially since the 1.75 is the same price as the 1.5).

6. cosmose

cosmose

right now i have a cheap wally world leather belt ( i can fold it in half with my finger's:embarassed:) so i'm sure anything would be beter. how do you guy's like the instructor's belt? would i be better off getting a leather belt?

thanks for all the info

7. BOM

BOM

I have the 1.5 5st. ti. belts are amazing.

8. Jon_R

Jon_R

What fits your holsters to. It seems most holsters are 1 1/2. I have the 1.5 5-Stitch and like it a lot. My wife got the 5 stitch with CSM 1.5 and it feels pretty good. If I order another one I will probably get the CSM in it.

9. banjobob

banjobob

I have a 5 stitch and a csm I wear the csm every day. I also have a beltman belt and still prefer the either wilderness. Its not a knock against beltman but rather leather belts in general. I like being able to adjust my belt perfectly every day and make adjustments following meals as needed.

10. etravix

etravix

I have the 1.5" 5 stitch instructors belt and it's great. I use it with a blackhawk serpa sportster holster and mag holders for my G22. This isn't some prissy belt made to look good but the real deal tough stuff with one heck of a buckle too. Get one and you won't regret your purchase.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  11. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

It all depends on your wardrobe and holsters. 1.75 is fine for Jeans, cargo pants/shorts, etc.. but dockers, "some" designer jeans/pants, it will be way to wide. Some also believe the 1.75 screams gun. I'm not totally convinced of that, since most people walk around in "Condition Clueless". Most holsters are typically designed for 1.5in.

I would get whichever fits your wardrobe, I just find the 1.5in more versatile for me..

IGF

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  12. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

I'm VERY happy with my 5 stitch 1.5 instructors belt:wavey:

13. diverge

diverge

Own both the 1.5 CSM and 1.75 CSM. Support is not a problem with the CSM. The 1.5 is a little more comfortable for me when I move around a lot.

14. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Heck I have a 1.5" Uncle Mikes with the kydex insert, works like a champ and was about twenty bucks. I also have a Wilderness titanium that I am pretty fond of, that cost a whole lot more. Either one works fine.

15. srd

srd

I have the 5 stitch instructors belt..1.5..do to reccomendations here i read. Couldnt be happier with it. I wear it even when i dont carry as a normal belt. Its that comfortable. You wont go wrong in obtaining it.

16. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Assuming your holsters have 1.75" loops. I have some holsters that won't work with my 1.75" belts, but work fine with 1.5".

You can also get a Blade Tech Looper reinforced leather belt for $45.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  17. BoxerDog25

BoxerDog25

CSM ....get it, its worth the extra price.

18. G19aps

G19aps

I use the Frequent Flyer model and absolutely love it. In black and 1 1/4" it blends in better in business casual and the metal buckles on the regular belts add more weight on top of the other junk that I have to carry. And the FF model doesn't set off metal detectors if you go through those often.

19. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

That is the one thing I've saw from them(and tried) that I thought was junk

IGF

20. cosmose

cosmose

thanks guys, i think i will go with the 1.5 csm:)