close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wilderness Belt/Milt Sparks Holster Issue

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by glock_ME, Mar 26, 2010.

1. glock_ME

glock_ME

I purchased a Summer Special 2 holster and a Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch belt. The belt is 1.5" so I ordered 1.5" loops for the holster.

Problem is I can't get the holster loops to snap closed over the belt. It's almost as if the belt is too thick. I can, however, slide the belt through the already snapped closed loops and all is well. I'm not really complaining, I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue. In the end I will probably just buy loops that are the next bigger size but I also wonder if this will promote the gun moving around a bit - which it doesn't do at all now.

It's actually a great setup - just what I was looking for. My 27 sits tight to my body and tilts forward enough so that I can get access to the entire grip when drawing. Very comfortable setup as well. I can't say enough about either product - they are both very, very well made.

I would highly recommend this setup to anyone looking for a simple and inexpensive iwb setup.

2. rwschill

rwschill

I had exact same problem with another brand of 11/2 inch belt and MS VMii. I sold the belt and bought a wilderness 11/4 5 stich belt and all is well.

3. G19aps

G19aps

I've experienced that with another holster. Basically the loops stretch a little when you slide the belt in and since it's snapped, it's easier to get the belt in. Trying to stretch the loops over the belt and snap is difficult. I predict that after you wear the combo for a while you'll be able to snap the loop closed over the belt - I wouldn't get the next size up.

4. JoeCitizen

JoeCitizen

I don't know if this is your problem but "pull the dot" snaps have to be started at the bottom of the snap and then the pressure placed progressively toward the top or "dot" area. A thick leather belt can make it pert near impossible to get the bottom of the snap started. I always snap first then thread the belt through once it's in the waistband. It seems once the snaps have been snapped and unsnapped a bunch they get easier.

5. glock_ME

glock_ME

Thanks for the replies - I'm glad it's not just me.

I can't exactly just buy another belt at the moment so I will continue to thread it through in the hopes that the do expand a bit.

Thanks.

6. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

It may actually be a good thing. I like to carry my 1911's in my Brommeland at 3:00 and they work their way back to 3:30-4ish. I actually would like my belt/loops to be tighter.

7. glock_ME

glock_ME

I just realized what an idiot I can be at times...

I REALLY hate to admit this but your post made me realize something - all this time I have been placing my holster such that the holster straps straddle the belt loop on my pants. Of course the loops on my pants vary but are generally at 3:30 - 4ish. I never considered that I could just place the holster where it would be most comfortable regardless of where the pant belt loop is. DUH! Feel free to laugh at me now... :rofl:

8. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

This.

If you have these snaps, you can also try pulling the bottom of the belt out so the top angles into your body. This will give the one-ways a better angle to engage.

Never do this. The holster needs to be locked onto the belt. If the loops are leather, they will stretch a bit making it easier to snap.