Wifi Router to Wifi Router

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by BigChuck73, Aug 22, 2007.

1. BigChuck73

BigChuck73 Registered Lurk

Is there anyway to take my wifi router and connect it to another wifi router for increased range?

Not talking about an actual wifi bridge, but an actual router to router connection.

Thanks!

2. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

Some will, depends on whose router and the model.

3. kc8ykd

kc8ykd

Some companies make 'repeaters' or 'range extenders' like this Linksys:

http://tinyurl.com/2gzvc7

I'd probably check with the manufacturer of the wireless router you have currently to see if they have a similar product to ensure maximum compatibility. Even though there are standards, not everybody implements them the same nor do they all adhere to them 100%.

When you find something that looks good, check www.pricewatch.com or www.newegg.com for prices. Pricewatch is a kind of clearing house for all sorts of electronics sellers, kind of like Google's Product Search (www.froogle.com).

Newegg is a retailer that has quick shipping and great prices. In the unfortunate event that you have a defective product, their RMA process is top-notch. I had to use it once when a motherboard I ordered was DOA, not their fault, but it took me about 3 days between shipping mine back and having a new one in my hands.

-Chris

4. grokdesigns

grokdesigns