Wife wants a new tablet $150 or less

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by CBennett, Oct 18, 2018.

1. CBennett

CBennett

So as the title says. Wifes Nexus7 died(sounds like a replicant from bladerunner) or is just about dead...battery wont stay charged more than a hour or 2 at best(used to get at least 8) and it freezes up sometimes..so time for a new one..

She doesnt do a lot on it...tons of reading but also plays a few games and does facebook,pintrist,email,surfs the web and now and then will watch a video but not too often.. but thats really it...nothing demanding or super heavy use as far as apps go...

now shes on it every night when watching TV or sitting on the couch normally reading a book or so it will get heavy use as far as being on it she just doesnt do a lot that is demanding of a tablet past a few games and reading and facebook.. need to order this in the next couple days as a birthday present....suggestions??

2. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

I am pretty happy with my HP Stream, but it lacks a lot of memory, but sounds like she does the same stuff I do with it

3. CBennett

CBennett

yeah i forgot to mention smaller is better her current one os one of the 7 or 8" screen ones she would go 10ish(full size Ipad like) BUT she would rather have the smaller one I guess. I have a chromebook and like it but she thinks its too big..she wants to be able to put it in the purse. :)

4. B C

B C

Don't get the Amazon Fire. The USB port on them are terrible and end up so bad that they won't be able to charge. Saw it in the reviews, but figured it wouldn't happen to the one I bought. It did after 3 months.

5. DNA

DNA

Why not grab one of the newer larger phones like the Honor 8x...? Yes it's probably gonna be a little more but it'll also have a 6.3-6.5" screen and the ability to make and receive calls.

Dan

6. CBennett

CBennett

I have one it works great (HD fire8) and its on the list..had it almost since it was out no issues other than...limited by Amazon app store...even though its a Android device..it cant run all android apps and is only able to use what ever Amazon allows....for my wife not a big deal though...she doesnt do enough that it matters....the thing I hate...and she may have no issues with it though is its got the WORST keyboard ever on a tablet IMO. just in the way it functions...

I had a Samsung and it was great maybe a Galaxy tab 4(cant remember) that was awesome till it also started to not keep a charge very long. Its only issue was at the end also when it started losing the charge ability....the memory started to fill up and I started to having to clear out stuff it was a 16 GB model....I think she would be "ok" with 16 but ive had no issues with 32 in the HDFire8. the Samsungs screen was better as was the keyboard...and full android also...I just keep seeing 8GB models which I DO NOT want...I think the more current one is the Samsung TabA

7. CBennett

CBennett

I got the Lenovo Tab 4 8...had to get it today to get it by wifes birthday. Close this thread/

8. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Philippians 4: 6-7

My wife has an Amazon Fire that she received almost three years ago. Still works great and paid only $35 for it.