Glock Talk banner

Wife is looking for that special Glock

4307 Views 38 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  HB719
Over the course of the past 6 months, my wife has really gotten out of her comfort zone and taken up shooting. I almost put the car in the ditch when she said she wanted to take a CCW class with my son and I. Since then, she's taken a couple classes and we shoot together two or three times a month.

She doesn't like my Beretta M9 - too big, too heavy - which I understand.

She doesn't like my Glock 26 Gen4 - handle is too short. Doesn't like the Pearce pinky extension to fix that - dreaded pinky pinch.

She loves our son's Glock 19 Gen4... and does pretty well with it - but it's a bit big for CC.

So, here's my question... is there a Glock model that has a shorter barrel like the 26 but has a longer handle like the 19?

Surprisingly too, she wants to stay with a 9mm.

Thanks in advance for any input.

IV
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
Over the course of the past 6 months, my wife has really gotten out of her comfort zone and taken up shooting. I almost put the car in the ditch when she said she wanted to take a CCW class with my son and I. Since then, she's taken a couple classes and we shoot together two or three times a month.

She doesn't like my Beretta M9 - too big, too heavy - which I understand.

She doesn't like my Glock 26 Gen4 - handle is too short. Doesn't like the Pearce pinky extension to fix that - dreaded pinky pinch.

She loves our son's Glock 19 Gen4... and does pretty well with it - but it's a bit big for CC.

So, here's my question... is there a Glock model that has a shorter barrel like the 26 but has a longer handle like the 19?

Surprisingly too, she wants to stay with a 9mm.

Thanks in advance for any input.

IV
Sure, get the 26 or better yet the 27 w/9mm barrel. Use a19 mag with spacer that will require a little dremel work to prevent pinch. Now you get to shoot the .40!

· Registered
2,694 Posts
Maybe a G26 with an x-grip or OEM +2 extension. I think the G43 has a tiny bit longer grip than a 26, but probably not enough to make a difference. There are small short muzzled 9's that have longer grips if she is OK with something other than a Glock. I think the S&W Shield has a little longer grip. You might also check Kahr models as well.

· Registered
2,796 Posts
had the same "pink pinch" problem with the Pearce mag extention on a Gen 4 G26, try a #17 "O" ring slid over the mag body and pushed down on top of the mag extension.

the "O" ring takes up the space between the butt and the mag extension eliminating the pinch, just be aware that you will have to seat the mag with a little more force to compress the "O" ring so the mag release locks in the mag.

sig357fan

· Registered
132 Posts
Might put a Springfield XD-S, XD Mod2, XD(m), or a Walther PPQ in her hands and see how those feel. Or like DirtyDan said, might try a 42, or even a 43. And, I've always been a huge fan of the CZ line of pistols. A CZ-75 compact might just fit her.

· Registered
501 Posts
My wife wasn't looking for a Glock when she confiscated my gen4 19 for herself. Try the G43, XDS 9mm, or the PPS in 9mm. They may or may not work, but it's a starting place. Let her shoot a variety and choose for herself. You may have to buy and sell a few guns just to find the right one for her. Also look at the LC9S pro.

· Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After discussing it a bit more and having her go back and forth holding the G19 and G26 that we do have... I think the issue is the length of the grip. The G19 just feels better to her than the G26 - even with the Pearce extension on.

I did a quick search on the Ghost Extension that was in Larry33kc's pic.... and came across something that I thought looked/may work better.

Has anyone had any experience with XGrip or A&G extensions? With both of these, I could take a mag from the G19, slip the extension on and try it in the G26.
Monochrome Black-and-white Revolver History Symbol
Black Grey Rectangle Composite material Plastic

· Registered
34 Posts
After discussing it a bit more and having her go back and forth holding the G19 and G26 that we do have... I think the issue is the length of the grip. The G19 just feels better to her than the G26 - even with the Pearce extension on.

I did a quick search on the Ghost Extension that was in Larry33kc's pic.... and came across something that I thought looked/may work better.

Has anyone had any experience with XGrip or A&G extensions? With both of these, I could take a mag from the G19, slip the extension on and try it in the G26.
View attachment 252855 View attachment 252854
Have you tried pierce grip (+0 or +2) extension or glock one (+2)?

· Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guilotine... the G26 has a +0 extension on it now.

I know it "bites" once in a while if you don't grip it well - which is another reason why she doesn't like the G26. I'm going to try sig357fan's suggestion of using the #17 O-ring on the mag.

IV

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,005 Posts

View attachment 252855 View attachment 252854
My son has two 26's and uses the xgrips with 17 mags, you of course have the 19, the xgrip has the ss in the back for a sturdy mount, sounds like a solution, considering you already have the 26 and the 19 mags.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.