Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen I have the best wife on this earth. She went to Lexington today to get her a new car and decided I needed something as well.

This is literally my dream rifle. Colt ar-15a4. We have one other ar 15 which is a smith and wesson m&p 15 sport 2 that is her home defense weapon. So I will probably leave this baby stock. As I have always wanted this exact weapon (I am a kid of the 90s after all).

Unfortunately due to rona I have a limited supply of ammo I will have a range report tomorrow with all the 62gr I can afford (50 rds or so most of our .556 is m193)

Anyone else's have a newer colt?

BTW she paid $1200 at buds in Lexington for the rifle.

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
She is definitely a keeper!

I have always loved the look of that gun.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
She did good! Nice rifle!

Reactions: BarryR

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Gentlemen I have the best wife on this earth. She went to Lexington today to get her a new car and decided I needed something as well.

View attachment 923272

This is literally my dream rifle. Colt ar-15a4. We have one other ar 15 which is a smith and wesson m&p 15 sport 2 that is her home defense weapon. So I will probably leave this baby stock. As I have always wanted this exact weapon (I am a kid of the 90s after all).

Unfortunately due to rona I have a limited supply of ammo I will have a range report tomorrow with all the 62gr I can afford (50 rds or so most of our .556 is m193)

Anyone else's have a newer colt?

BTW she paid $1200 at buds in Lexington for the rifle.
Congrats on a great new toy! I use a Ciener 22 conversion kit in mine

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
You, sir, are a lucky man!!! Your rifle is great, but your wife is a once in a lifetime keeper.

I got an AR-15A4 in 2015 soon after they first came out. It is one of my favorites. Enjoy yours in good health.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Probably the only 20" AR I'd ever be interested in. Don't think that price is horrible in these times either. Now get that PMAG out of there and a GI mag in.
I like 20 inch AR's. Better ballistics for the varmint round. And yeah, put a GI mag in it.

Yeah I was a little confused with the pmag being included. Don't get me wrong I love pmags they have never once failed me but you would think colt would ship with a gi mag. I'm gonna have to get several gi mags to complete my 90s look lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah I was a little confused with the pmag being included. Don't get me wrong I love pmags they have never once failed me but you would think colt would ship with a gi mag. I'm gonna have to get several gi mags to complete my 90s look lol
I recommend the Okay Industries Surefeed 30 in grey. They are what the military used at one time or maybe currently but are available to us civilians. They match my dad's old surplus mags exactly. They even have magpul followers. Due to the current market they may be hard to acquire though.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Great gun and price! Buds has been gouging so I stopped going there, and apparently they are supporters of Andolf Beshear’s mask mandate so I typically go elsewhere. Last I was in there prices were stupid high so maybe they are relaxing them somewhat.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I took in a carbine in a package deal - gun, ammo, optic, mags, .22 kit, grip-pod, etc. Math'd parting it all out before buying it. Thought I'd done well, ended up with $400 in a nice gun. About to sell it, wife said "no". She wanted the gun. Then got PO'd I sold the ammo at 75 cents/pop. And she is aware of how much .223 we have.

There is no winning in marriage.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Interestingly enough I’ve been seeing brand new Colt AR15 mags with the old tilting light blue follower at a few local gun shops lately. Where these things come from, I have no idea because Colt have been sending their guns out with PMags since at least 2015.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great gun and price! Buds has been gouging so I stopped going there, and apparently they are supporters of Andolf Beshear’s mask mandate so I typically go elsewhere. Last I was in there prices were stupid high so maybe they are relaxing them somewhat.
Personally I don't tend to do business there anymore but it was the only place that she could find that rifle at. I find it highly annoying that a gun store would abide by aunty Andy's crap but I guess being in Lexington and knowing their clientele they may want to avoid the crap from all the yuppies buying their first gun.

I took in a carbine in a package deal - gun, ammo, optic, mags, .22 kit, grip-pod, etc. Math'd parting it all out before buying it. Thought I'd done well, ended up with $400 in a nice gun. About to sell it, wife said "no". She wanted the gun. Then got PO'd I sold the ammo at 75 cents/pop. And she is aware of how much .223 we have.

There is no winning in marriage.
If it makes you feel better mine is a accountant so she has inventory of everything in the house lol. The good thing though is we never run out of anything.

Colt have been shipping their rifles with PMags for years now.
I have never bought a Colt rifle before but didn't they use to make their own magazines?

PMAG's are GI mags.
Not complaining as I love magpul products I just saw it as odd.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts