Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She couldn’t take her carry 365 into a fed ct house yesterday so i took it from her and figured I would clean it, it having been in her handbag for a while and not shot for 2 mos. i couldn’t retract the slide. Wow. Then I was able to and cleaned it. Thought maybe I had carelessly assembled it last time it was cleaned. Today being in the mid 40s, off to the outdoor range I went. Set up a small steel target on a stand, 12x18”, stood back about 50’ and wanted to run rds thru quickly to test for function. Clang, clang, clang, clang….i carry a glock, but this little gun functioned, stayed on target with fast shots and I had not shot for a couple of months. Nope, not replacing my 43, 43x or 33 but i could live with this little gun and its 12 rd mag. Nice.

·
Registered
32,696 Posts
Said it before and I'll say it again, I shoot the 365 better than anything I've ever tried except for some pistols that have a light single-action trigger.

Reactions: Caver 60

·
Registered
122 Posts
I checked out the p365 at the LGS a few hours ago. One with and without a red dot. It’s a nice gun but I’m used to the Glock grip angles and so I probably will struggle picking up the red dot quickly on a p365.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Maybe I'm just an oldfart but that split second that you use to put the dot on target or to find the dot to put it on target could mean you are DRT. No dots, lasers, lights, bells or whistles for me.

DRT means Dead Right There.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tonite i saw that the sig nite sights on my wife’s 365 are not bright. Like they are a doz. yrs old ( own a 12 yr old229; same brightness). Gun was new 3 years ago. Too bad the dealer can’t do a warranty repair assuming they are under warranty.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Said it before and I'll say it again, I shoot the 365 better than anything I've ever tried except for some pistols that have a light single-action trigger.
Normally with my Glocks I'm down and left like an inch firing strong hand firing at 15 yards. G17, G26, G42, doesn't matter.

With the rental P365 (iron sights) my strong hand is all the way on the left side of the damned target paper, and would not even be hitting meat on the bad guy.

With my off-hand, it's a damned laser beam. All shots in the inner ring of the man-sized target.

I'm real curious what I'm doing wrong.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
OP, you should probably pick up one for yourself -- I mean a backup for your wife -- while you address the night sight issue.

Trigger Everyday carry Material property Gun barrel Wood

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Rectangle Gun accessory

Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry

That way you'll be ready for the moment you realize the P365 beats all those G## guns for cc purposes. 😉

·
NRA Patron Member
940 Posts
I have two of them, a factory hard chrome slide one and an NRA edition one. They have replaced my G26 for concealed carry. Nothing will replace my G19 though for all round usefulness. I love those little SIGS. I put Hogue Handall grip sleeves on them and used the Dremel to cut off the "duckbill" finger grove and it makes a world of difference in controllability.

·
Registered
20,228 Posts
I checked out the p365 at the LGS a few hours ago. One with and without a red dot. It’s a nice gun but I’m used to the Glock grip angles and so I probably will struggle picking up the red dot quickly on a p365.
It takes some practice but not too long. Carrying a P365XL for 2 years with the Romeo RDS. I think it is the cat's meow and the last qualification seemed to show that.

·
Registered
17,314 Posts
I won an NRA edition P365 in a raffle.

The grip is too small for me and I can't get a consistent grip on it. Someone suggested the Hogue grip sleeve, which I got for $12 and that made all the difference in the world. A little longer front to back and thicker with a palm swell.

Wilson just release a P365 grip module. I have a Wilson grip module on my Sig M18 and really like it. According to the measurements on Wilson's web sit their grip module is a little longer front to back and a little narrower than my P365 with the Hogue grip sleeve. I just ordered the Wilson grip module.

·
Registered
32,696 Posts
I won an NRA edition P365 in a raffle.

The grip is too small for me and I can't get a consistent grip on it. Someone suggested the Hogue grip sleeve, which I got for $12 and that made all the difference in the world. A little longer front to back and thicker with a palm swell.

Wilson just release a P365 grip module. I have a Wilson grip module on my Sig M18 and really like it. According to the measurements on Wilson's web sit their grip module is a little longer front to back and a little narrower than my P365 with the Hogue grip sleeve. I just ordered the Wilson grip module.
I am ordering one. This is the one of the big benefits of the modular design. I really thought Sig would have come out with different sized modules by now.

From the specs it sounds substantially larger front-to-back and about the same width as with the Hogue. Should be nice.
  • 2" grip (front to back)
  • 1 1/8" grip (side to side)

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Maybe I'm just an oldfart but that split second that you use to put the dot on target or to find the dot to put it on target could mean you are DRT. No dots, lasers, lights, bells or whistles for me.

It’s a personal preference. I’m old too, but with practice and training I’m faster onto target than with irons. Why? Only one focal plane; the target. No “front sight focus, rear sight fuzzy and then target fuzzy. So one plane compared to 3.

And the dot is more accurate. It just takes time, practice, and training help speed the process.

But some people just prefer to use what they’re comfortable with. Nothing wrong with that either.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Normally with my Glocks I'm down and left like an inch firing strong hand firing at 15 yards. G17, G26, G42, doesn't matter.

With the rental P365 (iron sights) my strong hand is all the way on the left side of the damned target paper, and would not even be hitting meat on the bad guy.

With my off-hand, it's a damned laser beam. All shots in the inner ring of the man-sized target.

I'm real curious what I'm doing wrong.
assuming your sight alignment is correct, my guess is with the Glock trigger pull you are anticipating the recoil and due to the thin p365 grip, your trigger pull is pushing rounds left. I would diagnose with a few dummies rounds mixed in with live rounds. Watch the front sight when the gun goes click instead of bang.

·
Registered
480 Posts

If you're doing it right, you don't have to put the dot on the target, or find the dot. You look at the target, and the dot is already there. It saves you the split second to find the front sight, so the dot is faster

·
Registered
666 Posts
assuming your sight alignment is correct, my guess is with the Glock trigger pull you are anticipating the recoil and due to the thin p365 grip, your trigger pull is pushing rounds left. I would diagnose with a few dummies rounds mixed in with live rounds. Watch the front sight when the gun goes click instead of bang.
Thanks for the idea, I'll try that.

·
Way too busy
5,237 Posts
She couldn’t take her carry 365 into a fed ct house yesterday so i took it from her and figured I would clean it, it having been in her handbag for a while and not shot for 2 mos. i couldn’t retract the slide. Wow. Then I was able to and cleaned it. Thought maybe I had carelessly assembled it last time it was cleaned. Today being in the mid 40s, off to the outdoor range I went. Set up a small steel target on a stand, 12x18”, stood back about 50’ and wanted to run rds thru quickly to test for function. Clang, clang, clang, clang….i carry a glock, but this little gun functioned, stayed on target with fast shots and I had not shot for a couple of months. Nope, not replacing my 43, 43x or 33 but i could live with this little gun and its 12 rd mag. Nice.
To each their own, within a week of the first time I fired a p365, I sold my glock 43 and bought my own..

I know they say never sell a gun, but I couldn't ever see a time when I'd pick the 43 over the 365.. Smaller, more comfortable, and more rounds.. yes please

Oh and I agree, I can absolutely drive tacks with that thing..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts