Width of factory sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by bowzette, Oct 16, 2010.

1. bowzette

bowzette

I have a 19. I'm trying to determine the width of the front and rear sights. Does Glock make a more narrow front sight?

2. 2nd2none

2nd2none

The Glock night sights have a front sight width of about .158", the plastic about .150"(I hate the plastic sights) and the Trijicons about .140-.144"(according to my caliper). Glock ships there pistols with any of the three above sights. There are aftermarket sights that have a thinner front sight for example the Ameriglo's offer front sights of .125 or .140" wide. I put the Operator night sights on my G27 and like them alot, just wish the G27 would stop jamming...
    As far as the rear sight the plastic have an opening of about .136", and I can't remember the other two, but again Ameriglo offers different widths as well, .150-.180".

3. bowzette

bowzette

thanks. I have the plastic sights and need more light between the front and rear sights. I just ordered a set of the Ameriglo I-Dot with the orange paint on the front. model 202, a new option. This is a .140 front and .180 U rear. Also ordered a .100 front FO for my AA conversion kit. I will keep the factory plastic adjustable rear.

4. 2nd2none

2nd2none

I can't stand the rear plastic sight, I have a G39 and it shoots high with the plastic sights, I don't know if it's just screwed up or that painted white rear sight is screwing me up... Good luck with your sights, I'm sure you'll love em