close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

why's GT forums go back a few days when I open it?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Glockster_James, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Eric,

I was curious if you knew why sometimes when I click on a forum to open it and see the threads, occassionally it will go back like 3-4 days instead of being todays threads. This is actually something I've noticed occurring since around the first of the year. I'm sure its just something small but was curious if its just a problem on my end or maybe some other kind of problem with the server or something. Thank you again for the great site. ;I

2. Glockster_James

This is weird. Everytime I try to goto General Glocking I have to click on it, go in, click back, and go in again, over and over at least 5 times before I get today's posts. Before that it just keeps taking me back to the posts made on March 11, 2003. Anyone else having this problem and/or know why its happening? ;I

3. Glockster_James

Eric,

I'm not sure what could have been causing this problem all this time but I wanted to let you know that I have not experienced this problem once in the last 48 hours. :) Thanks. ;I

4. Glockster_James

Uh oh...now its doing it again but back to the 20th. ;I

5. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

Is your system clock correct?

6. Alpha752

Alpha752

What OS do you use? Have you tried to refresh the page? On one of my work computers (Win95), it does not load the current page. It will load to the last point that I looked at it. I hit refresh and it loads current. On my other work comp (WinNT) and my home PC (WinXP) I do not have this issue.

Mabye try clearing your cookies, and see if that helps.

7. Glockster_James

Yes, clock is right on the money time and date wise. Using Win XP Pro. Never tried refreshing. Just hit back and then tried going back in. Like I had posted, it worked fine for a few days and started doing it again. Kind of weird. Thank you for the replies. :)

8. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

Does it look like a new search? Or is it possible you're viewing offline content? In IE, under File, make sure Work Offline isn't checked.

Laura

9. Glockster_James

Its weird cause before when I entered General Glocking it would go directly in to the recent posts for that forum, then with the problem it would take me into that forum but back in time a few days. Then the problem disappeared, and then reappeared, and last night when I was on, there was no problem again. Go figure. I don't have anything setup for viewing offline and the view offline is not checked either so don't think thats it. It really is kind of weird in a way. But next time it happens think I'll try the refresh button and see if that works. Just a small price to pay for using this great site. ;)