close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by thejackbull45, Feb 2, 2007.

1. thejackbull45

thejackbull45

WHy are posters allowed to start threads that insult right from the start. "Jesus is a pimp"?? What are the rules here???

2. Fred

Fred Lifetime Member Millennium Member

And just exactly how do you figure we'll know ahead of time what someone is going to post? When you see something like that, immediately use the "report this psot to a moderator function" and we'll take care of it, and also warn the offender.

3. thejackbull45

thejackbull45

Sorry my point was it ISNT taken care of.

4. Fred

Fred Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Well, if it's in one of my forums (GG, GNG, 1911, CA Glockers) I can take care of it, if you give me a link to it. If it isn't in one of those forums and assuming you or someone has used the report this post function, a moderator for that forum will eventually take care of it.

You have to remember that we have 65K+ members and thousands of posts daily, so we can't be everywhere at the same time. Plus, as volunteers, we sandwich our moderator duties into our real lives, so sometimes we don't get to a problem right away. I'm sure you can understand that.

5. thejackbull45

thejackbull45

Fred,

Again I wasnt clear on this. I was speaking of both a specific thread and threads in general.

BTW Here is an example of what I am referring too:

6. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

Look, you know what the rules here are. You read them when you signed up. Why don't you dial back the ire a little and try to remember that you are a guest here enjoying our hospitality and our resources. We are doing the best we can.

More than 60,000 messages get posted here every week. We can't possibly read every one of them. If you see a problem thread, don't assume that we know about it and are doing nothing. Use the built in reporting system to report it and we will deal with the problems as they arise. We can't fix it if we do not know it is broken. Eric

7. thejackbull45

thejackbull45

Didnt mean to get you worked up Eric, I did report it. My point was that there are a number who are allowed to go overboard with posts and even sigs and I was trying to understand why. It was brought to your attention and so I have no reason to continue this discussion.
    Thanks.

8. thejackbull45

thejackbull45

The thread is still up 3 days after being reported. How is "Jesus is a pimp" not againest GT rules?

9. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

Post a link to it here. There are a few million posts here and I do not have time to search for it. Eric