Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would a cat want a hard tail motorcycle? I don't see that they can be comfortable, and I have talked to cats that have ridden them and they said you feel every little bump and they just kill your back. Are some folk just a glutton for punishment:dunno::supergrin:

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Most of the old, original hard tails had seats with spring to help cushion the bumps and if you road them on a smooth road they're not suppose to be too bad. Other then that they look cool and are totally simple, no shocks to replace or bushing on the swing arm.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do look good for sure, but I can't see where those little springs under the seat would help much:supergrin:

·
Enslaved in IL
5,775 Posts
Looks Okie, Looks. For in town cruising with a chopper looking bike, thats cool. If you are going on long rides, nope.

·
JAFO
14,054 Posts
Just to be cool. :whistling:

·
Raven
12,747 Posts
Why would a cat want a hard tail motorcycle? I don't see that they can be comfortable, and I have talked to cats that have ridden them and they said you feel every little bump and they just kill your back. Are some folk just a glutton for punishment:dunno::supergrin:
I wasn't aware cats rode motorcycles.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I would rather be comfortable then kool:supergrin:
this is what I told my neighbors when they caught me mowing the yard in a dress..... :wow:

·
Registered
625 Posts
One reason is that hardtails are cheap and easy to build.

Newb's don't know the diff, so they pony up the bucks so that they can have something to park in front of the bar.

Another sign of a wannabe is a giant fat tire in the back. 'Looks cool to some, but corners like poo.

·
Drop those nuts
9,539 Posts
This.

And remember that it was a factory decision at Harley Davidson long before people were building hardtails from custom frames - although I doubt Harley was the first or only bike manufacturer to make hardtails way back in the day just because it was cheap to build, and so much easier to design springs under the seat mounts than to design a good rear suspension. I think it was mostly a cop-out on an engineering challenge the factories just didn't want to take on at the time.

·
Raven
12,747 Posts

Newb's don't know the diff, so they pony up the bucks so that they can have something to park in front of the bar.

Another sign of a wannabe is a giant fat tire in the back. 'Looks cool to some, but corners like poo.
Fat tires ain't always bad, if the bike is engineered with it. I rock a 210 on mine and it corners really well - heck, I go on rides with sportbikes when they're not going all out and I keep up just fine. Many people report even slapping a 240 on and not losing much cornering ability.

·
Registered
13,039 Posts
i'm young enough to want one but, old enough to need a softail.

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
Alot of flesh and leather has been embeded into pavement cuz of hardtails.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Because a lot of people want to look like billy badass riding a hardtail harley, wearing cliche leather with patches and stuff. This is often the result of a mid life crisis.

At least in my area these are often the guys you see checking out under a dump truck or at an intersection with some poor lady on the back that thinks the guy knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
It takes a hard a** to ride a hard tail.:supergrin:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts