Glock Talk banner

Why won’t you ship?

3916 Views 60 Replies 52 Participants Last post by  Adam5
Yes, this is a rant, but I really do want to know why. Cruising through armslist and forum classifieds, it seems any deal I am interested in, the seller is not willing to ship. What is it about shipping that makes sellers not want to do it? Seems like shipping would be more convenient than trying to meet up with someone FTF. Do they not realize it will be shipped to a FFL? Are they afraid they are going to be scammed? Seriously, why not ship? So frustrating.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Semper Fi
1,557 Posts
When a seller will ONLY do FTF it always makes me skiddish. There is a myriad of things that come to mind with sellers like this. OTOH some folks may just not want to deal with the hassle of shipping.

There are also buyers that only want to do FTF. There are a myriad of reasons for that too.

· Semper Fi
1,557 Posts
I hear you guys on quick FTF cash transactions. However, “FTF ONLY” transactions raise eyebrows to me.

And how hard is it to pack up a gun and take it to UPS, USPS or FedEx?

· Semper Fi
1,557 Posts
An individual can not ship via USPS. FedEx and UPS policy require non FFL holders to ship over night from a hub, not a satellite location. It make it pain in the rear. Also, some FFLs will not accept shipments from an individual.

Fortunately, my area has a very active buy/sell/trade forum. It’s easier to do a local FTF cash transaction or a trade.
Ok

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.