Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, this is a rant, but I really do want to know why. Cruising through armslist and forum classifieds, it seems any deal I am interested in, the seller is not willing to ship. What is it about shipping that makes sellers not want to do it? Seems like shipping would be more convenient than trying to meet up with someone FTF. Do they not realize it will be shipped to a FFL? Are they afraid they are going to be scammed? Seriously, why not ship? So frustrating.

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come on. If someone has a choice between a quick FTF sale or shipping, they would take the FTF everytime. Why would I want to go through the hassle of packaging a gun up, going to the gun shop, and worrying about getting paid? I'll take the five minute drive to the walmart parking lot and get cash in hand.
I’m all for a quick FTF as well, but I am also willing to ship. As with you, I think most feel shipping is a hassle, because they don’t realize they can ship themselves. You don’t have to ship throgh an FFL, just to an FFL. Worrying about getting paid? You don’t ship until you get paid. Simple.

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Those are all good points. Seems like some just view it as a hassle, and I can appreciate that. I’ve had my fair share of bad shipping experiences. I know some state laws may vary, but in most cases you do not have to ship “from” a FFL, only “to” an FFL, so shippers don’t deal with FFL fees, only the buyer does. Thanks for all the comments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.