Why was this thread closed?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Catbird, May 9, 2007.

1. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

2. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

Again I ask, why was that thread closed?

3. Eddie C.

Eddie C. CLM

Catbird,
    I didn't close that thread. It was closed by another Moderator. Eric and I have asked the Moderators not to give an explanation on why a thread was closed. Just close it and move on. It only invites debate and discord when an explanation is given.

People generally want to know so they can disagree with you. If a thread was closed you can usually tell by reading it through on where it went bad. That, or if there is more than one thread on the same subject.

Eric and I leave it up to the Moderators of the individual forums to use their discretion on thread closures. We have an excellent group of Mods that have a good insight and judgement on whether or not to close a thread.

If you read that thread in particular you can tell what closed it.

Eddie C.

4. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

If I knew what closed it, I wouldn't have asked the question (would I?).

I'm reasonably certain that there are GT members who are intentionally argumentative and combative in their posts.

I have been hanging around GT for quite awhile and I thought I had established myself as rather helpful and positive. Since that's the case, why don't I merit a legitimate explanation to my (legitimate) question?

I really don't understand what's going on.

5. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head CLM

Catbird, as I said in another thread you started on this subject, you are a guest here and you have no right to be kept in the loop on how this site is administered. You are here using my resources freely. It amazes me that you think that fact entitles you to anything. Threads get closed. It is not a big deal. Stop trying to turn it into one.