close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why the ejection obsession

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hps, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hps

hps

Just curious? I Got a gen 3 26 that ejects wwb in my face but its 100% doesn't bother me abit. Have Glocks gotten sooo reliable that people have to complain about the way they eject? I mean,,, really?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Of all the Glocks I own none of them throw the fired brass out of the guns anywhere other than 3:00 t0 4:30 out of the ejection port,of course all of my Glocks were produced prior to 2006. I have zero complaints with any Glock I own,except for their insatiable appetites for ammunition. SJ 40

3. Dragoon189

Dragoon189

it is an annoyance. I am a novice with handguns so I don't have 10 others to compare to, but many claim that their other guns never do it. It is not an unreasonable complaint, it does get too much space on the forums though.

4. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

My reason is because if I use a Glock as a home protection weapon, I don't want to take myself out as well as the criminal.

5. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Simple. Because Glocks didn't do it before. Glock changed something & now it does it.

I also could live with it if mine did it. But for many it's gun centric.

6. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

One may think it will, but for those of us that actually have fired a gun under stress, it doesn't matter.

7. TheExplorer

TheExplorer

So a shell to your eyes wouldn't distract you? I see.

8. hps

hps

I think they did, just have gotten soo much attention lately. Mine have kinda "rolled" into my face not really "sprung back" into my face. 100% going bang!! brass ejection not an issue. Our fathers, grandfathers would be scratching their heads. "Suck it up" is what mine would have said.

9. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

I own a couple glocks that throw brass in my face.

Here are some facts.

It does NOT hurt. Are casings warm? yeah....hot enough to burn you like on CSI? NO.

Is a bit annoying at the range, but thats where the buck stops.

The gun is still firing. Isnt that all that matters?

Im sorry if your weapons dont project the image of jesus in a nice brass pile...........dont know what to tell ya.

If you want a weapon that ejects straight off to the side and rear, by a cougar or some other weapon with a SIDE MOUNTED ejection port.

I eject brass into my face every single day. I dont care. In a SD situation im not going to be firing at a BG and thinking "golly i wish this brass would go where i wanted it"

all in all, it doesnt matter where the brass goes as long as it leaves the weapon IMHO.

10. DocWills

DocWills

If the problem was a serious one you would see hogged out ejection ports to clear the brass from the gun ala 1911s.

Flying brass or damaged flying brass is of no concern to me. I know I can alter the rsa to increase ejection.

For the real life stuff, I want dead releiability. I get that from Glocks. :supergrin:

I want first round hits. Glock does that too.

Various people stand to make some cash off the reliability issue.

Id buy the gun see for yourself. Yes softball ammo will not eject like the real hot hollowpoints, so what?

11. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

The issue is people like to complain :)

They cant find anything else wrong with the gun so they fixate on the one issue no matter how small it is. I personally dont care where my brass goes as long as the weapon is accurate and reliable.

12. JBS

JBS

You will be doing well to know the pistol even went off. After everything is over you may not even notice that your ears are not ringing even though you just caped off 4 rounds in a closed room. Amazing what the brain turns off under stress.

13. PAGunner

PAGunner

False, erratic ejection and BTF are signs of a stove pipe waiting to happen, espeically shooting with less than ideal stance and grip under stress, it is VERY MUCH A REALIBILITY ISSUE.

14. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

or it could just be an ejector thats off a hair :)

15. Bruce M

Bruce M

While something ejected to your face may not bother you but something that gets ejected into your eye certainly has the potential to cause problems especially during an incident. I have not had too many empty casings hit my face or neck over the years and most have done nothing but a couple have caused minor burn marks. And weak ejection may be a precursor of failure to extract.

16. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

true, but thats why we have two eyes.

If a piece of dust blows into your eye, do you go completely blind? Nope. you close that eye and use the other to see :)

I know i know. Erratic ejection is not a GOOD thing. But IMO. its not something im going to worry 100% about unless its happening EVERY round. :)

17. hps

hps

I disagree!! I've tried to get my glocks to jam/malf. The only one that ever malf. was my G36, and that sucker kicked em out strong. To say its a reliability issue is streching it.

18. PAGunner

PAGunner

Not at all, many people are experiencing malfunctions along with the erratic ejection, but if you feel comfortable, well hey, that's your comfort level. You started a post essentially because you didn't understand why people are upset with Glock about their serious drop in quality, I responded to another poster attempting to explain that's all. You knew in advance of the issue, you're on with it, nothing wrong with that. I however am not ok with EE/BTF.

19. Made in Austria

Made in Austria

Erratic ejection = stove pipe waiting to happen.

20. hps

hps

You would think we would be hearing of stove pipe issues then. All i'm hearing is brass NOT where you want it issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.