Why the Dem plan to flood the country with Latinos May backfire on them

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by TheDreadnought, Oct 29, 2020.

1. IvanVic

IvanVic

We need a merit based immigration system, and need to drastically reduce the number. We currently import about a million people a year legally, most of whom have little or no skills. That is insane in the age of tech and a increasingly complex economy and society.

100 percent of the things you care about as a conservative will become irrelevant without a sensible immigration system, because we are disproportionately importing loyal democrats. There’s a reason leftists love mass immigration. There’s a reason they immediately pile on anyone questioning our immigration system. It’s the primary reason they hated Trump from the beginning.

We don’t need to be importing a million poor, unskilled people per year who overwhelmingly vote Democrat. It’s cultural suicide.

2. hurley842002

hurley842002

My very small sample of co-workers indicates this to be true. I work with a good amount of folks that immigrated here legally from Mexico, I would say approximately 75% of them are voting Trump AND are very much for the wall.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

3. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

CAcop likes this.
  4. IvanVic

IvanVic

Please be sure and let us know when a Republican presidential candidate gets 51% of the Latino vote.

Can you name the parts of the country that have become more conservative as the Latino population exploded in those areas?

Burebista likes this.
  5. Pistolay

Pistolay Wut?

These things take time. Cubans aside, it seems to me that most Latinos coming to this country are fleeing poverty more than oppression. As such, when they get here, they're easy targets for Dem politicians promising to take care of them. But as they work, raise families and build wealth, it wouldn't be surprising to see their generally conservative cultural values take over.

6. IvanVic

IvanVic

This is a nice vision, but there is currently no evidence to support it, for two primary reasons:

1) We know that failed policies don't axiomatically change voting habits, evidenced by the fact that most democrats who flee CA, NY, NJ, etc. move somewhere new and continue to vote democrat. Fleeing failed ideas seems to be a poor predictor of future behavior when looking at the net effect. This is further supported by:

2) Latinos currently vote in overwhelmingly majorities for democrats, and are playing a huge role in turning Texas purple (in addition to the large influx of people from CA). The fact that they fled failed policies is not turning them into a majority conservative voting bloc - the exact opposite is happening.

Your position is based on a hunch, and based on ideas such as "Latinos are hard workers." Ignoring the fact that this is a broad generalization, there are lots of hardworking registered democrats - that doesn't stop them from being democrats.

Are you begging for hordes of democrats from blue states to move your state? If not - how come? Won't the fact that they are fleeing failed policies make your state a better place?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020