Why so many LEO agencies use Eotech?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by arglockfan, Dec 31, 2009.

1. arglockfan

arglockfan

I've been wondering why do most of the law enforcement agencies use Eotechs? Eotechs have a lot of quality control problems and shorter battery life compared to the Aimpoints.

I also find my Aimpoint single dot easier to use than the Eotechs busy holographic.

2. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

The same reason I carried one on my M4/M203 and my M249 SAW in Iraq, along with almost the rest of the Infantrymen of the 101st Airborne Division. I would like to see your sources for your claims. MY EOTech 552 survived when my Humvee was hit my an IED. I can't stand an AimPoint aka, "CCO", M68, etc.....too much tunnel vision.

3. arglockfan

arglockfan

On Ar15.com there are countless Eotech Horror stories on there, most prefer Aimpoint.

I dont get tunnel vision with my Ml3. VERY easy to shoot both eyes open.

I had a Burris 332 prisim back in Oct. Shot once with it POS. Canted reticle, crappy quality. Shipped it back to Cabelas and ordered the Larue combo!

4. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

I like the EO reticule and huge FoV much more than what Aimpoint offers. Changing batteries every once in a while doesn't bother me, and I've never had shut off during fire, wander zero, or the other apparently numerous problems that EOTech bashers cite.

5. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

Probable reason is that it is the cheapest of the top three: Aimpoint, EOTECH and Trijicon.

I use Aimpoints myself, but I think one would be well equipped with any of them.

ML

6. eXistenZ

eXistenZ Play it.

I've been curious about this stuff also as I'll soon be mounting a red dot on my Colt 6920.

7. arglockfan

arglockfan

What about the governments test where the Eotechs FELL off the rail? ive also heard this happening to others on Ar15.com as well.

8. rock_jock

rock_jock

Wait a minute. I'm willing to believe that EoTech's may have problems (even though I personally never experienced any), but if the sight is literally falling off the rifle, then that's the operators fault.

9. NeverMore1701

I can't imagine having any screw-on accessory on a firearm not lock-tited on.

10. arglockfan

arglockfan

The GSA test they mounted it exactly how the instructions presribed. The pdf of the report is on ar15.com somewhere.

11. rock_jock

rock_jock

What idiot needs instructions to mount an EoTech? Its a claw mount for a Weaver-type rail. Just apply blue loctite to threads and mount the doggone thing.

12. NeverMore1701

^This.

13. Smashy

Smashy

That's either operator error, or they got a lemon (which happens with every product). The military has been using them a long time. They wouldn't be if they were all falling off. Using an example of one instance in an internet reference of one falling off to question it's quality would be like using one instance of a car breaking down in a road test to question all examples of that car that have been in use successfully by a whole lotta people over many years.

14. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I like the Eotech's reticule because it has the teeny aiming point for long range aiming and the round reticule for quick shooting.

As far as durability goes, that's why God invented iron sights for and that's why my rifles have them. Eotech and other optical sights are strictly for fun and coolness purposes.

15. skeeter1959

skeeter1959

Been a troll long? :dunno:

16. nmk

nmk

Might have better luck in a more appropriate forum, or the search function.

17. Smashy

Smashy

This thread doesn't smell like troll habitat to me. I think it's a legitimate question. If we all knew everything, there would be no need to ask questions.

18. johnson8861

johnson8861 Daddo Chomper

I have only ever used the m68 and the ACOG. Loved both of them, I really liked the magnification of the ACOG. I would like to try the Eotech. Never had any problems other than what was caused by hitting them on anything hard.

19. okie

okie GT Mayor

My EoTech works awesome for sure:thumbsup: