Why racial profiling is good

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by A/C Guy, Oct 5, 2010.

1. A/C Guy

A/C Guy

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...-assault-rifle-seized-abrk.html#ixzz10PwKjQSc

In Az, checkpoints are a normal way of life. Many people gripe about check points, claiming they are unnecessary and unconstitutional. Usually, you are waved right through if you do not "look" suspicious and you are not of certain ethnic group.

These Mexican nationals were caught smuggling a .50BMG Armalite rifle. The drug cartels have publicly announced their plans to use wsnipers to kill our sheriff deputies and border agents.

Had the border agents not used racial profiling, they would not have found the rifle. Notice in the article, it states, the rifle was found on the second inspection of the vehicle. The second inspection was a result of the agent's suspicion due to the ethnicity of the occupants.

Next time you are inconvenienced by a road block or check point, remember this.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Racism = FAIL
    Checkpoints = FAIL
    Weapons Confiscation = FAIL
    Spelling = FAIL

Have a nice day.

3. Goodspeed(TPF)

Goodspeed(TPF)

What he said. Minus the nice day thing. Geeze doode. :shocked:

4. Adams454

Adams454

You can bet your ass that if that had been 2 rednecks from GA heading toward Washington we would be hearing about it on every news outlet 24/7.

5. -gunut-

-gunut-

And I'm sure you would also have no problem with this if you were in the group that is consistently profiled?

6. void *

void * Dereference Me!

The article does not state why the vehicle was selected for increased scrutiny. It just states that there was a second inspection during which the rifle was found. There is nothing in there about the second inspection being "a result of the agent's suspicion due to the ethnicity of the occupants"

Do you have a source that states it was racial profiling, or are you assuming it was racial profiling because that fits with the argument you want to make?

7. Thunderhawk88

Thunderhawk88 NRA MEMBER

I see no problem with racial profiling when used with discretion. If you are looking for younger hispanic males, it's rather stupid to stop a sixty-something white lady.

8. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Where does it state in the article the agent stopped them due to their race?

Race alone is not sufficient to profiling. Other factors/behaviors associated with the circumstances of the stop would make profiling much more successful and legal.

9. DR. HOUSE

DR. HOUSE Everybody Lies

10. -gunut-

-gunut-

The criminals know what the cops are looking for, which is why they use mules of many races and ages.

11. nick425

nick425

^ This.

12. nick425

nick425

True, but a good amount of criminals are pretty dumb.

13. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

Everyone profiles. No one wants to admit it.

14. A/C Guy

A/C Guy

Being a law abiding citizen, I would not have a problem if I was stopped. When I was young, I was frequently stopped and it never bothered me. The police have a job to do. That job is to catch the bad guys. If I look like I fit the profile, I have no problem with them checking. I always was courteous during those stops.

We have a serious problem in Az with illegal immigration and the other crimes that accompany it. People in Va, Wi, etc. do not have to deal with those issues, so they can not relate.

The illegals are breaking into people's homes to steal food in addition to valuables, plus they have the audacity to take a shower and steal clothes.
    How would you like to come home from work and find the food taken from your kitchen and then have to clean the mess in the shower?

When was the last time there was a shoot out on your local highway between rival smugglers?
    What about home invasions by intruders dressed in Mexican military gear?
    Have any shootouts in your streets by mexican drug gangs lately?
    How many of your local deputies have been ambushed by Mexican smugglers?

You guys haven't got a clue what it is like down here. These are weekly events in Az.

15. A/C Guy

A/C Guy

Because when we drive through the check points, the WASP's are not usually stopped, they are waved through. Usually, Native Americans are not stopped. Generally, blacks are not stopped. Hispanics are stopped and questioned. If they have little or no english skills, they are questioned further.

16. A/C Guy

A/C Guy

You should be in charge of the TSA. Someone needs to teach them to stop harassing old ladies because to the metal in their garters and bras made the detectors go beep.

TSA needs some common sense training.

17. Catswold

Catswold God rules all!

The OP is correct.

Profiling exists because it is a legitimate technique in law enforcement and because it works. Isn't it strange how police forces across the nation have "profilers," but the one factor that they are not allowed to use is race, not because it isn't a significant factor, but because it isn't politically correct.

We know that a very disproportionate number of mass murderers are white guys. If there is a mass-murderer running around town, I would expect and hope that the police would be questioning every white guy that matches their descriptions. The minor inconvenience being stopped would pose would not make me angry, it would gratify me that the police were exercising due diligence in an attempt to save lives and stop crime.

The claims of racism are just shallow attempts to excuse the disproportionate number of crimes that occur by certain ethnic groups in different areas of the country.

If 40% of violent crimes are perpetrated by 12% of the population, it is not racism to concentrate on that ethnic group, it is common sense . . . something that appears to be totally lost on some who post here.

Oh and "How would you feel?" or "It's not fair," are not legitimate, rational arguments, they are emotional appeals intended to cloud the issue.

18. Catswold

Catswold God rules all!

Entire post except for the "Have a nice day," = FAIL

19. bluenoise

bluenoise

Just being a devil's advocate, here...

If those old ladies are law-abiding citizens, like you were as a youth, why should they be bothered by the stops, like you weren't as a youth?

20. Brucev

Brucev

No problem with profiling. It works when looking for KKK. It works when looking for other criminals as well. Only folks who whine are those who look on terrorism and illegal drugs with a game mentality expecting everyone to play by "the rules." Narcoterrorist are not a opposing team. They are an enemy. It is not a game, it is a war. Act accordingly and you win. Otherwise, you loose. Profile. There is nothing to gain in loosing.