close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why "Pearce" only allowed in Sub Compact class

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by jjayh, Apr 14, 2003.

1. jjayh

jjayh

The rule seems pretty clear for using only Peace brand extenders, does anyone know why? I have the Scherer brand and they aren't that much different.

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I think it is because that the Pearce brand was at one time offered from Glock. The rule in most cases is : If it was stock from Glock or ever offered from Glock then it is legal. I have tried both and I by far prefer the Pearce.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I don't know the reason other than they typically allow something only if they feel there is no competitive advantage from the addition. I have not used either so I couldn't comment on any advantage/disadvantage. The rule could be best answered by Scott Gilbertson at GSSF.

4. mcginnes

mcginnes Safety Officer Millennium Member

Don has the correct answer.

No one is likely to make a fuss if you use them...unless you win :)

5. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

I asked this very same question a couple of years ago, and got far less polite replies.

Scherer extensions are actually bigger than the pearce, if they were the same size, I expect it would be legal to use them. The bigger extensions can give someone a competitive advantage against someone using the Pearce extensions.

Now none of that is written in the rules that I've read, but thats my analysis.