close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why only some Glocks?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by supercrew, Jul 30, 2012.

1. supercrew

supercrew

Not having been around for a while, I was amazed at the problems cited on this forum and others about current Glock models. After 12 years of happiness from my Gen 2 model 19, I was thinking about buying another 9mm Glock and really thought it would be a no brainer after deciding on a 26 or 17.

Now I find "total happiness" ain't no more.

Since there still seems to be a lot of happy new Glock owners is it just "the luck of the draw" in getting a new Gen 4 or Gen 3? Are there more new ones coming off the assembly line that don't malfunction than those that do?

2. bill1725

bill1725

I have a G19 gen 4 and have not had any problems with it. I do not know the answer to your question about the ratio of good ones to bad ones but, from reading the threads in the forum, there seem to be a few of them.

3. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Now, I'll also say I don't know to a certainty the answer to your question.

But considering that Glock pistols are fairly simply tools with fairly simply parts, I've always wondered: Is it that a few "unlucky" shooters ended up owning bad Glocks, or is it that the few "unlucky" Glocks ended up owned by bad shooters? :dunno:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  4. Redheadhunter21

Redheadhunter21

Look no one comes to a forum to praise something they usually end up coming on one to fix a problem. Out of the hundreds of thousands of glocks that are made there's maybe a 100 people with the problem, I'll take those odds. It's a quality control issue that seems to be a combo not single part

5. acergy09

acergy09

gen 4 glocks that purely manufactured in your country,USA, are already tested here in Philippines by PNP,Philippine National Police...in three days,they conduct a 20thousand rounds endurance test...then mud and sand test,drop test,etc...

http://www.philstar.com/nation/article.aspx?publicationsubcategoryid=65&articleid=830595

Glock passed all the test,including magnaflux...and now an official side arm of the PNP...

I am a lucky guy too for having my glock that very reliable...

6. J_P

J_P

I don't like to post in these threads much but if it's anything to you both of my Gen 4's have been great. Just make sure you have the right recoil spring and if need the updated ejector. Both of my Gen 4's have the older ejectors and run great. I've put plenty of rounds down range with the G19 to trust my life on it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. Bruce M

Bruce M

My best guess is that the ones that have issues account for a very very small fraction of those produced.

I understand what you are saying but a few here have specifically posted that they have multiple Glocks with no issues and one that exhibits the problem.