Why only one photo of Trump's crowd.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by garya1961, Jan 23, 2017.

1. garya1961

garya1961

Why can't I find more photos of the crowd at Trump's inauguration? The only Photo I can find is the one showed on tv and I hear it was taken at 7:30 am. There should be more photos of the crowd other than that one.
    I was watching CNN last night and they showed the crowd while talking about another topic and it was huge, packed wall to wall. I also heard a guy one the radio this morning saying that when they arrived at the inauguration there were only two (2) checkpoints open for all the people to pass through. He said there were thousands of people who just gave up and left because they knew it was no way they would ever get in.
    Can anyone on here find and other photos or videos of the crowd?

2. cbird77

cbird77

Its funny the only thing they have to bich about is the size of the crowd. I plan on watching tonight to see if they mention all the work that was done on the first business day (today). Not holding my breath..

3. cbird77

cbird77

4. garya1961

garya1961

Do you mean to tell me that's the only photo of Trump's crowd? When was it taken?
    There should be a lot more photos of the crowd through out the day.

5. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"MSM caught faking inauguration crowd size as CNN's president warns Trump his network will deliberately discredit him

Sun, 22 Jan 2017 23:52 UTC

The reality is that the areas available for public attendees at Trump's inauguration were full to about 90% capacity. Check out this interactive gigapixel image of the scene, taken during Trump's inauguration speech. Here are some screenshots from that wide-angle image, clearly showing large numbers of people all the way back towards the Washington Monument:

[​IMG]
    © CNN
    [​IMG]
    © CNN
    One or two of the blocks of designated viewing areas are thinner, but those large empty white blocks Appelbaum passed off as the extent of Trump's crowd are gone. Obviously, it's possible to quibble over the total numbers, and when you look at the crowd at Obama's 2009 inauguration, it certainly looks like more people came to see Obama take the oath of office. Nevertheless, Trump still drew between 700 and 900 thousand people.

And that fact in itself is remarkable.

92% of electors in Washington, DC voted for crooked Hillary Clinton. Do we expect that many of them came to see their nemesis Trump take office? Conversely, most of those who voted for Trump live far from DC (and the East coast in general), so the fact that so many people actually made the trip is evidence of the high level of support the new president enjoys. The alternative view on this is that Trump enjoys far more support than the election results would have us believe.

https://www.sott.net/article/340388...p-his-network-will-deliberately-discredit-him "

Fred Hansen, W??G and hogship like this.
  6. NDcent

NDcent Socially Inept

Who's to say what time each picture was taken. If one were taken 30 minutes into the ceremony and one taken 90 minutes before the ceremony, you could have a huge/bigly difference in the amount of time each crowd had to congregate. Not that it matters, Hillary's is the crowd we should be comparing...

[​IMG]

7. garya1961

garya1961

The guy on the radio this morning that was there said they closed all the checkpoints except for two. Him and thousands more got back on busses and left because it was no way all of them were going to make it through just two gates one man at a time.
    This was obviously an attempt to diminish Trump's support and crowd size. If all the one's that were turned away were in the photo it would have been as many if not more than O's crowd.
    BTW, Hitler had larger crowds than both so I guess he is supposed to be the better man, yeah right.

SouthPaw 15 likes this.
  8. hooligan74

hooligan74

Pretty sure Reuters confirmed the photo was taken shortly after noon.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-inauguration-image-idUSKBN1572VU

Yep, 12:01pm.

Who cares? I would never have expected it to be bigger than Obama's inaugural crowd. Obama was the first black President and the weather in DC this past Friday was crap. It was a stupid thing to lie about, but that's it. Does the fact that Spicer felt compelled to address it at all reflect on personal short-coming of the President? Maybe, maybe not - I'm not a psychologist, I don't even play one on TV.

I'm quite certain this administration has far more important things to deal with than how many people attended the inauguration.

Fred Hansen likes this.
  9. garya1961

garya1961

I'm pretty sure it was the left that brought this up with the phony photo. It really doesn't matter when it was taken, it doesn't show the actual size of Trump's crowd and if they had let the people in it would have been a much larger crowd for Trump.

10. JFrame

JFrame

Reuters is the same "news" service that published photos of "devastation" caused by Israeli air attacks -- where additional plumes of smoke were Photoshopped in for effect.

I believe they were also the "news" service that had the same Arab woman wailing at the devastation around her -- at three widely different locations.

More and more, I have come to ascribe to the old Chinese saying, "Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see."

DonGlock26 likes this.
  11. hooligan74

hooligan74

What phony photo? The guy from Reuters that took the picture confirmed it was 12:01pm, after the inauguration had already begun. I don't care if Hillary Clinton's grandma brought up the photo - the Trump administration's reaction should have been a chuckle, a "that's interesting, but we have a country to run and no time to devote to a silly thing like who had the bigger crowd" and a smile.

Where is the evidence that people were turned away and couldn't get in?

Spicer also blamed the "first time" usage of fencing and magnetometers on the Mall for "preventing hundreds of thousands of people being able to access the Mall as quickly as they had inaugurations past."

According to a 2017 Congressional Research Service
    report, screening magnetometers, or metal detectors, have been used in past inaugurations, though it’s not clear if they were placed on the Mall itself. The screening zones, according to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, did include two busy metro stops close to the Mall.

Spicer’s claim was also disputed by New York Times reporter Michael Schmidt, who
    tweeted that two unnamed law enforcement officials told him "magnetometers were not used in the areas Spicer said they were on the Mall."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...had-biggest-inaugural-crowd-ever-metrics-don/

12. garya1961

garya1961

So the small crowd was there for the inauguration then later the larger crowd in DonGlock26's photo showed up after the inauguration was over?

kaisooba likes this.
  13. Jbehredt

Jbehredt

I don't see any point in quibbling over the crowd size. It was smaller than obamas. People (dumb ones) were excited to vote for obama. Millions, myself included, held our noses and voted against Hillary. Now onto watching what he does in office and hoping he's successful.

Fred Hansen and hooligan74 like this.
  14. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

First, why are the same people who say Trump shouldn't quibble about crowd size at his inauguration the ones who keep telling us how large the Abortion Parades were? Like it or not, crowd size is used by liberal idiots in the media as a measure of popularity of ideas.

Second, when the rioters proudly blockaded entrances to the Mall, preventing Trump supporters from entering the restricted zone, why would any count of people there be fair? Trump's opponents often tried to disenfranchise his supporters, preventing them from attending his rallies or preventing them from hearing his inaugural address. The Dolt-Left can't compete on a level playing field. Ever.

The Machinist and garya1961 like this.
  15. hooligan74

hooligan74

IS it larger? Taking photos from the opposite vantage point, and from a lower position, would minimize the appearance of the white areas, no?

I have no idea what the actual numbers are and I don't care. It is completely meaningless. Trump is finally sitting in the big chair and he's worried about what people think of his attendance numbers?

Govern well and no one will care about inauguration attendance one way or the other.

16. TF2Addict

TF2Addict

You really didn't look very hard, did ya

17. FinallyGlock

FinallyGlock

It's pretty simple actually. Republicans have jobs and real lives. We work. Within our ranks, like Trump or not, we are by and large more productive. We had things to do on Friday like support our families, make money, move the economy and society forward. No time to play grab-*** on the national mall either at the inauguration or in a protest with a pink hat.

Fred Hansen and JFrame like this.
  18. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

Add in the fact that the Dolt-Left extremists threatened violence against anyone and everyone who dared attend the Trump inauguration. Would anyone feel safe enough to bring his or her small children to witness history? Of course, since Republicans and Conservatives are much more well-behaved, everyone felt safe attending Obama's campaign rallies inaugurations.

19. Csv

Csv

Looking at the gigapixel photo it looks fairly full, there are some large crowds on the side streets, there large amounts of people who appear to be walking towards the inauguration area. Do I care, no too much. It does appear 90 percent of the media is trying hard to diminish anything this administration will do.

20. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

[​IMG]
    The crowd at Hillary's Inauguration. The only photo that matters.

aircarver, happyguy and The Machinist like this.