close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why not MY bikes?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by xrmattaz, Oct 13, 2006.

1. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

:bunny:No one ever talks about MY current two favorites, which reside in my garage.....

'05 Suzuki DL1000 VStrom.

'90 BMW R100GS.

How come? Just wonderin'.

2. wolfy692005

wolfy692005 pro tinkerer

honestly i dont know anything about them... never been on either... almost got to ride a 2004 BMW K bike whatever the K stands for.. buddy had one..

3. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

K means it is an inline 4 as opposed to a boxer twin. ;)

BTW my brother, the motorcycle mechanic, rode a DL1000 the first year they came out. He is a huge fan of hunched over sportbikes (namely GSXRs), but he had nothing but good stuff to say about it.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Post something about the V-Strom and the R100GS and we'll have something to talk about.:banana:

5. gixxer11

gixxer11 bbrrraaapppppp!

I'd buy a V-strom in 1k or 650 form! Both of them are WAY underrated. If I had the money to own one, I'd ride it everyday. Don't feel bad 'cause nobody talks about them on GT. If ya want to really talk bikes, go to a bike forum.

6. g_man500a

g_man500a

I've heard nothing but good things about the V-Stroms and almost bought one last year. If I wouldn't have been so dead set on a sportier ride, I probably woulda got it.

7. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

:thumbsup: I was simply surprised, after following this forum since the start, that no one had mentioned either of these bikes.

These would be number 72 and 73 for me in my short forty six year old lifetime! I'm a bike nut.....

I'm a member of several motorbike forums as well.

8. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

Neither is worthy of mention perhaps....just simple bullet-proof motorbikes that I have settled on, after owning most of the others.....Italian blooded ones excluded. I've got to get one of 'em someday, just haven't yet!

9. BCM

BCM

I bought a slightly used(3000mi) a '95 GSPD Classic that I had 3 yrs. The bike was pristene. Black w/Chrome guards and rack, the stock package of the Classic with the vintage valve covers. Sharp looking ride. It had never been off road. They were the last yr of the 2 valve airhead. I liked it, but along with owning a K1100RS,(Ironic thing was I bought both bikes a year or so apart, and found out the same guy owned both!) It was a little too tall for me and with a 9.3gal. fuel tank, heavy as well. I had it on the Daytona Speedway one year while working with safety crew for the 200. Put 5000mi on it and sold it for $1300 more then I paid.

As for Suzuki, my V is my '99 SV650 race bike, now retired that is on the street in full race plastic, Racetech front & Ohlins rear suspension upgrades, jetted, full Yosh Ti system with lights and horn to make it legal.
    As for the Italian ones go, I have a '96 916 Duc and unless you really have to have one, ride one first, sporty and pricey-yes, comfortable-no but great torque.
    Don't Underestimate Cost And Time Involed :animlol:
    Good luck with your bikes