close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why not another Ohio outdoor GSSF event?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by shadow_dog, Jan 29, 2007.

1. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

Just curious, after seeing that Ohio has probably more indoor events than any state, I am wondering why is there only one outdoor event in Ohio? Seems like a natural for another outdoor event IMO. Seems like the interest is there and is centrally located for alot of out of state Glockers.

2. Archangel Mike

Archangel Mike

California and Texas both have 3 matches. Georgia has 2. That is about 5 matches out of 28 or 29 or so.

So, about 23 States, including Ohio have one match each.

About half of the States have no match at all!

Why do you think that Ohio is being "discriminated" against?

:angel:

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Probably because no other club in Ohio has contacted GSSF and offered to sponsor a match. If you know a club that is interested have them check www.gssfonline.com there is a form giving you all the info they need to have a chance to sponsor a match. GSSF doesn't have a staff size large enough to travel around the country asking clubs, it's up to the clubs to show an interest and it appears no other club in Ohio has done that.:thumbsup:

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

there was going to be one in miamisburg in may but it fell through for some unknown reason.

5. Contrail

Contrail

Dang! Miamisburg would've been right in my neighborhood. Oh well, Indy, LEX, Marrietta, and maybe Brighton will have to do.

6. Dano136

Dano136

Miamisburg was canceled because the range is under constuction and it would not be finished in time. We have lost out on the second half of the 06 shooting season because of it. It will be completed in June. Fingers crossed.

7. Ghost361

Ghost361

I know of a club that has requested to host a gssf match several times. Briar Rabbit down in zanesville. I called scott and asked him what the deal was and he said they were more focused on putting a match where there wasn't one and that they were happy with the one in marietta.

8. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

The final choice of course is GSSF's. Could be a number of reasons( if the Zanesvills Club is very close to Marietta, surprime guidance from Glock Inc and ect). If y'al want another outdoor match in Ohio bad enough I suggest you try more than once to submit the paperwork. I am sure some justification for Texas and California having 3 each is the massive size of the states. Several hundred miles between match sights.;)

9. slugger6

slugger6

I just joined the forum and would like to hear from those of you who are experienced GSSF shooters. I've been to their website and checked it out. What I'm looking for are your personal experiences/opinions. I haven't bought my first Glock yet (shame on me), but I am coveting the G34. I've been shooting IDPA for about a year with an XD45.

10. Contrail

Contrail

GSSF is GREAT! It's relatively simple, but very challenging. The trick is to find the right balance between speed and accuracy. It's a lot of fun and the people are great. Buy a Glock and give it a try. Just a quick suggestion though, the G34 can't be used in any of the amateur classes.

11. ede

ede Bama's Friend

execpt competition class

12. slugger6

slugger6

If not the G34, what model do you recommend?

13. Contrail

Contrail

Oops. I really meant that it can't be used in the amateur civilian and amateur guardian classes.

I would suggest the G17. The 9mm cartridge will most likely have the least recoil in a factory load and the G17 offers the longest sight radius and barrel length. I use a mostly stock G17 with a few modifications (BoMar adjustable sights, G34 3.5 lb connector, G34 slide release lever, and skateboard tape on the grip).

You can find a complete listing of the rules and match locations at www.gssfonline.com.

Good luck!

14. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

G17 is the model I love, prefer, recommend. You can use it for all classes except the sub compact or major sub compact classes. My G17 that I use in competition is my favorite gun (I also have a frst Gen G17 and a 20th Anniversary comemorative G17 - I want an OD green G17 someday), and I wouldn't trade it for any amount of money. But, that's just me and others perfer other Glocks. Whatever works for you, use. A G34 is a great gun, but you're limited in what classes you can shoot it in, competition and unlimited unless you go to IDPA or some other discipline, and then I don't know what category a G34 fits in.