Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my opinion Glock should make a single stack 9mm. I've got a G26 that is an awesome pistol, but if Glock made an even smaller/thinner 9, I think they'd have a huge hit product. With more and more CCW through the country, it's a growing market opportunity that Glock is giving away to Kahr, Kel-Tec and others. Now obviously Glock makes the G36 in .45 ACP, but I'm thinking of something quite a bit smaller/thinner. If Glock made a 6+1 9mm, would anybody here be interested?

· Registered
368 Posts
Yep, and/or a single stack .40 as well. Heck, I'd be happy if they were the exact same size as the Glock 36, talk about a concealment gun!

· Registered
186 Posts
There has been quite a few threads about this and I dont understand .I own 2 kahr single stack 40's and they really are not any more concealable than my g19 or g23 . Plus with both my glocks I get more rounds in the mag than the seven I get in my Kahrs.

· Walther PPQ
1,510 Posts
Speaking of single stack 9's....could Kahr pick uglier models for their adds if they tried? That's some low budget advertising right there. First it was the stupid "Why buy a Block, when you can have a Kahr" add. Wow, there's some commerical genius. [/sarcasm].

· Registered
368 Posts
Speaking of single stack 9's....could Kahr pick uglier models for their adds if they tried? That's some low budget advertising right there.
So, .... EEA? By that I mean, they do a better job, yes?

· Walther PPQ
1,510 Posts
Right? Is that a dude in daisy dukes? Scarey. I could spend 5 minutes in the Goodwill parking lot and find a prettier woman.

Anywho, I digress, sorry for the derail men....

· Registered
1,733 Posts
IN the past it could have been because of importation points, but now that they are making whole guns in Georgia....who knows what will happen. I would buy a single stack just because it would fit my hand better.

· Registered
368 Posts
IN the past it could have been because of importation points, but now that they are making whole guns in Georgia....who knows what will happen. I would buy a single stack just because it would fit my hand better.
If they made it the same size of a Glock 36, it SHOULD be able to pass importation point system even if they had to import the whole gun, but either way I'm with you. I've got 'Normal" hands (those kind of hands other people say are small), so I could use the single stack much better.

· Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You described the Walther PPS (available in 9mm & .40 S&W). I've got one in 9mm and it is an accurate and reliable pistol.

No, I'm thinking something even smaller than the PPS. Something closer to a Kahr PM9 size.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I wonder how many threads we average each year on this subject? :dunno:
Since it seems that this forum has a new page maybe every other day and it seems like maybe every third or fourth page I am gonna guess between a bit less than fifty to say eleventy gazillion... i.e a bit more than the Crayola question and slightly less than what's fer dinner...

If they made it the same size of a Glock 36, it SHOULD be able to pass importation point system even if they had to import the whole gun, but either way I'm with you. I've got 'Normal" hands (those kind of hands other people say are small), so I could use the single stack much better.
Anyone know if by chance .45 has more points than 9mm?

· Florist
23,401 Posts
If Glock made single stack G26s and G19s, I'd still get the single stack G19.

With Glock factories in the U.S., importation points won't be an issue.

· USN Retired
8,153 Posts
:deadhorse::deadhorse:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.