Why no Match in MASS.?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DistPistolShot, Jun 13, 2005.

1. DistPistolShot

DistPistolShot

Whereas, I am from the Boston, MA area, I have often wondered what happened to the GSSF Match in Harvard, MA. and then most recently the Match at Nashua Fish and Game, in New Hampshire. I just started to get into the Match, and then they pull the matches from the Metro- Boston area. Yes, I know that there will be a match in Vermont, but that is far from Metro Boston.
    I spoke to Chris Edwards at the Fulton NY Match (5 hrs drive), and he stated that many shooters are afraid of the firearms laws and legal ramifications of Massachusetts. Is this True? How is MA. any different than NY or NJ or MD, in that respect. There is a large group of devoted Glock shooters in Mass., afterall most PD's carry Glock and that popularity always carried over to the civilian sector. It seems many GSSF shooters enjoy the travel, so wouldn't the Boston area in summer appeal to those people?
    Lastly, is this a problem with the prosepective sponsoring Clubs in MA.? Can't any Club get beyond the inter-club or inter-shooting discipline disputes? I have a feeling that part of the problem is the old " high-power rifle guys against the Gssf'ers" or "bullseye guys against" or "trap shooters against". Is it them (any of them) against the GSSF match?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The club in Mass cancelled the match several uears ago. I think it had to do with finding enough volunteer help. There is a new England match scheduled, I believe, for Vermont this year.