1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Pinky Out
59,112 Posts
Are you OK?

·
Registered
630 Posts
The heat must be keeping them down, haven't seen any this summer.

·
Gen4 BETATester
5,297 Posts
:wow: I gotta wonder have you been drinking. I don't see to many Mac vs Pc debates on Glocktalk.

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
No copperheads in this part of the country, but I killed a rattlesnake inside our clubs' shooting range last week. I went to do some work and let myself in. There is a gap under the door and as I go in I see a little 3 footer coiled up there next to the door. He politely waited there for me to get the woodstove shovel and cut his head off.

There a lot of hikers, bike riders, people parking their cars in the lot, so he had to go. Not a good place to head him in a different direction and turn it loose.

·
NRA,GOA,SAF
583 Posts
just saw 3 while fishing in high point state park.....biggies too.

·
Banned
5,038 Posts
our vets 8 year old son a few weeks ago was bite by a rattler on the foot , we are not supposed to have them in central nc , but thats what blood work showed . he was in hospital for 2 weeks , complications due to swelling . first thought it was copper head .

but he is doing better but still has tingling down his left side .

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
Nope. Just possums. We got it with a shovel.

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
116,601 Posts
He politely waited there for me to get the woodstove shovel and cut his head off.

There a lot of hikers, bike riders, people parking their cars in the lot, so he had to go. Not a good place to head him in a different direction and turn it loose.
He needed killin'.

Thanks for explaining your reasoning.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I've usually seen - and killed - a half-dozen by mid-July, but none have appeared so far this year.

They get killed because I'm tired of taking my dogs to the vet for snakebite at $1000 a chomp.

·
Banned
12,203 Posts
Jake NoShoulders doesn't live here.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts