close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why Lone Wolf barrel?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MarcellusT, Jan 25, 2010.

1. MarcellusT

MarcellusT

Seems like quite a few here who get conversion or aftermarket barrels go with LW. For those who did, what were your reasons for going with Lone Wolf?

2. xp100

xp100

I bought one for my 19 so that I could shoot cast bullets. After testing both the LW barrel and the factory barrel over a good solid rest, I find the factory barrel more accurate with jacketed rounds. I have not done enough testing with lead bullets.

3. VA_Glocker

VA_Glocker

...thx for info.

4. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Yep.... if you want to shoot reloads with lead bullets, you should have something besides the stock barrel.

If you shoot a LOT, shooting lead makes it much more affordable. During the summer months, I was shooting easily 2000 rounds per month, I'm still shooting jacketed. As I reload, that's about $250 in ammo alone per month.:wow:

Lead would decrease that cost drastically.... I tried shooting some lead, but I shoot at an indoor range, and lead is a little smoky for shooting 250 rounds in one session (IMHO). If I was shooting outdoors, it might not be so bad.

5. MarcellusT

MarcellusT

Thanks for the info. I'm going to get a .40 cal barrel for my G32 and I just haven't been able to make up my mind if I should go stock or something else. Some say aftermarket barrels are more accurate than stock, but might have some reliability issues. Others say the stock are more accurate and more reliable. As I may use the .40 cal for self defense, reliability is obviously a big concern, but I'm still confused as to which way to go. I won't be shooting lead, so that isn't an issue, but I will be shooting reloads.

6. GMT

GMT GMT224

What he said. Lone Wolf makes a good product for the money. I like the fact that it's a drop in also. The only way to go(IMHO) when shooting reloads.:cool:

7. LRB2GZ

LRB2GZ

Wow, I need to start reloading.