close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why is there no TV

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by guitarscrub, Sep 1, 2002.

1. guitarscrub

guitarscrub

I was wondering why there are no shooting sports on TV, Cable, etc. I know I would like to see a GSSF match or IDPA match.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The Harvard 2001 GSSF match appeard on one of the shows last year.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

We are involved in a politically incorrect sport, after all we have guns. :(

4. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Occasionally you can catch on cable a show called "The American Shooter" hosted by Jim Scouten (sp?). He is an occasional poster here on glocktalk even. Very good show except it is only a half hour. Last time I saw him on here, he said they were filming some new episodes. The do lots of neat little bits plus they have an "exhibition" shooter on every episode. There are some awesome shots shown on tv. Guy shot the side of a thimble intentionally from a fair distance, then he shot a needle hanging from a thread. It was awesome. They have some great camera work on there. Check it out if you can get it. I think it is on TNN or whatever that is now. ;f MLM

5. another okie

another okie

When ESPN 2 does the outdoor games they show the skeet or trap portion of it. They do cover the biathlon in the winter games. Girls in great shape wearing tight outfits shooting guns! Kati Wilhelm from Germany is my favorite - she's the one with the red hair and is popular enough in Germany to have her own fan club and web site. It's in German, but I think the linguistically challenged can find the buttons marked Bilder (pictures.)

http://www.kati-fanclub.de/

Most gun sports are pretty boring to watch, though I have to say anything is more exciting than golf on TV, and it sure has an audience.

I think skeet or trap and maybe IPSC or IDPA might go OK on TV. You would need good camera work to make them exciting, since you would want to see the holes in the targets during the run.

6. Groundhog

Groundhog