Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Georgia will be a good transition state to watch in terms of adherence to safety protocols by businesses and customers. The state's infection and death rate statistics will also be of great interest. Let's hope the governor's bold action to reopen is a huge success long term.
Why is Georgia being brought up so much by mainstream media (and you) and not other State(s)?

·
A swamp dude
11,331 Posts
Why is Georgia being brought up so much by mainstream media (and you) and not other State(s)?
I mention it out of hope Georgia will lead the way to bold but measured restoration of normal life. I'm hoping businesses and citizens of Georgia demonstrate responsibility in wearing masks and social distancing. I'm hoping Georgia's COVID-19 statistics trend downward.

Georgia's governor is taking lots of heat for forging ahead with reopening. I want him to be right for the sake of his constituents and as an example for the country.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mention it out of hope Georgia will lead the way to bold but measured restoration of normal life. I'm hoping businesses and citizens of Georgia demonstrate responsibility in wearing masks and social distancing. I'm hoping Georgia's COVID-19 statistics trend downward.

Georgia's governor is taking lots of heat for forging ahead with reopening. I want him to be right for the sake of his constituents and as an example for the country.
And you failed to address the question..

Why are mainstream media and you bringing up the Governor of Georgia but not other Governors?

Political motivation is the most likely reason. He has an “R” after his name..

·
A swamp dude
11,331 Posts
And you failed to address the question..

Why are mainstream media and you bringing up the Governor of Georgia but not other Governors?

Political motivation is the most likely reason. He has an “R” after his name..
I hope all governors lead their states through this quagmire with wisdom and careful consideration of the interests of all parties. My opinions in this matter are not political, period.

Reactions: SevenSixtyTwo

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope all governors lead their states through this quagmire with wisdom and careful consideration of the interests of all parties. My opinions in this matter are not political, period.
Then why do you (and mainstream media) only bring up Georgia?

·
A swamp dude
11,331 Posts
Then why do you (and mainstream media) only bring up Georgia?
Georgia is the only state I know of that has authorized some businesses and other activities to resume operation ahead of guidelines in the federal plan for reopening the country.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Georgia is the only state I know of that has officially authorized some businesses and other activities to resume operation ahead of guidelines in the federal plan for transitioning to reopening the country.
As I said. 100% political. Take you blinders off and pay attention.

https://www.cpr.org/2020/04/20/as-c...s-outlines-new-phase-of-coronavirus-marathon/

Colorado's stay at home order expires Sunday and is not being renewed.

But the CO Governor is D and Georgia is R.

100% political that the MSM (and apparently you along with them) wants to try and paint an R Governor as reckless but wants to keep silent that a D Governor is doing the same thing.

·
emeritus
3,878 Posts
Politicians are not leaders. I wouldn't let any of them lead me to a bathroom. They are public servants elected to do the will of the people. If the majority of the people want their State open, open the damn State! Name one politician better suited to make any life decision for you more than you.

·
A swamp dude
11,331 Posts
Politicians are not leaders. I wouldn't let any of them lead me to a bathroom. They are public servants elected to do the will of the people. If the majority of the people want their State open, open the damn State! Name one politician better suited to make any life decision for you more than you.
How does a governor know the collective opinion of his/her constituents on a particular issue? There are so many facts and forces at work. Understanding the issues, weighing the facts, considering different points of view and exercising good judgement is the stuff of good leadership. I think some governors are effectively leaders, and the condition of their states reflect it.

Reactions: SevenSixtyTwo

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would rather follow a politicians that listens to drs. in the middle of a pandemic than follow your damn ass

1 - 10 of 10 Posts