Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.
Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Bolster, Mar 25, 2013.
I can only laugh at the people we elect in this country on both sides. Idiots.
We are certainly far afield from the original question, but I was surprised to see this thread still at the top of the list, after not checking in for weeks. It seems the consensus is that "DHS is not hoarding ammo, this is just normal." Interesting.
This one made me chuckle:
Here are a few things that are in the historical record about Hitler:
- Primary talent was as an orator--otherwise he had a very thin resume for leadership.
- Believed in a single party; one of his primary goals was to eradicate competing parties.
- Bridged his ignorance of governance by substituting a strong ideology.
- Engineered his entrance to power with an army of acolytes, including domestic terrorists (the “brown shirts” or SA), who praised his name at every opportunity
- Was an ardent socialist; a national socialist (not an international socialist).
- Hated capitalism, but played the capitalists for fools.
- Was abandoned by his father.
- Believed that a strong, powerful intrusive central government was the answer to…well, virtually everything. (The replacement father?)
- Was comfortable with state ownership of large corporations.
- Used the unions to gain power.
- Came to power by taking advantage of a severe financial crisis.
- Targeted the banking industry directly.
- Had a virtual stranglehold on the national press…only supportive stories appeared.
- German journalists by-and-large admired Hitler; they gave him good press because they loved him, and covered for his errors or omitted embarrassing stories.
- Hitler kept his base loyal by promising them entitlements.
- Targeted internal “national” enemies for the population to hate (in his case, jews & slavs).
- Tried to portray himself as a good Christian, but in fact tended toward atheism.
- Was fond of the “big lie” as a propaganda technique: if you say it often enough, people will eventually believe it.
- Inflamed his audiences with the inequality between the poor (the German masses) and the “rich” (the Jewish bankers).
- Played the part of the suffering victim.
- Was personally quite wealthy, but hid that fact from public view.
- Lavished political favors on his faithful top tier of supporters.
- Valued personal loyalty in his staff above all else -- even above knowledge or wisdom.
- Used “bullying” and “intimidation” techniques to silence or convert critics.
- Originally very popular with homosexuals (in the early days, homosexuality was dominant in the Sturmabteilung). That changed after the Night of the Long Knives and the homosexual community became another ‘enemy’ for Hitler.
- Upended traditional German laws and made his own.
- Kicked off his political career with a ghost-written book about himself.
- Changed his name so it was more fashionable.
- Directly targeted the youth for indoctrination.
- Invented his own unique salute.
- Banned guns.
- Nationalized healthcare.
- Didn’t like Jews as a people (but was OK with a few individually).
- Sympathetic toward environmentalism and vegetarianism.
- Considered himself a “progressive,” designing the future.
- Was very friendly with other despots and dictators around the world.
- Became personally angry if anyone opposed him.
- Considered himself the “savior” of his country, which needed "transformation." A very strong messiah complex.
I also noted there were vast differences; here are just a few, and there are of course many more:
- Hitler hated communism.
- Hitler admired his predecessor.
- Hitler despised blacks.
- Hitler didn't marry and had no children of his own (that we know of).
- Hitler had military experience and admired the military.
- Hitler was militarily aggressive.
- Hitler didn't rely on a teleprompter.
- Hitler had a little mustache. And so on.
So I repeat: Obama does not equal Hitler. History does not repeat itself in that manner. But it's not yet illegal in the USA to notice some interesting similarities, although I'm certain the modern "brown shirts" won't like this post.
If you are offended, then I am gratified. Nice try dragging WWII veterans into this, but...sophomoric, and completely beside the point. Sort of like most of this thread, this post included, which has *virtually nothing* to do with the original discussion.
It would take me a month ta type all that.'08.
Quote for truth.
Anyone who says "it can't happen here" is a fool. It's already "happening" here.
Are you for real
And you accuse me of being sophomoric
Hitler's selection as Time 'man of the year' was not because of admiration.
Thank God neither of them is working on Job Creation or we would all be effed.
And as long as it has been brought up, key difference between Hitler/Obama:
#1 Hitler was EVIL; Obama is CLUELESS
#2 Hitler got things done; Obama, not so much.
Wow, I was too early with my list. Now we can add:
- Use of political office to "investigate" and hopefully criminalize political enemies
- Massive infiltration of (and spying on) the media.
Nothing done? Grab Americans by their health care, and the entire citizen contract with government changes. You can regulate and confiscate pretty much anything in the name of "health." It just takes time. But we have turned the corner. No going back (without heroics).
Actually I think Obama is looking perhaps more Nixonian than anything else, lately.
"I am too cool to be a crook."
PS: Yes, I also agree about the Time cover. The Time magazine cover was for entirely different reasons: admiration for Obama, and fear and loathing for Hitler.
Bolster, I don't disagree with what you have laid out here tonight including your list, as amended. Congratulations! Too many of the responses try to make fun or belittle your thoughts without making a cogent argument.
The bottom line is the dollar is done! You cannot contiune to print 40 billion a month with no assets to back it up. Most other countries are ready to drop the dollar as the world currency. They see that the US is doing nothing to control there spending. It can't keep going like this and the government knows it. They are preparing for civil unrest. When the dollar is all but worthless and inflation is out of control people will be out of control.
Read the thread "What Happens When The handouts stop".'08.
Nay, Say, all you sayers. Our Nation was asleep on December 7, 1941. Our Nation was asleep on 9-11. Our Nation was asleep on Bengazi and our Nation's leaders are taking a nap again along with most of the citizenry. Wake up people, look around you. What is going on? The federal government is not here to help us. It is like the queen bee and we are the worker bees. The federal government has gotten too big and too crooked. Anti Christian too.
The way I saw the numbers it breaks down to 3000-4000 rounds per year for every DHS person allowed to carry a weapon. That's too much IMO - WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY to pay DHS to train that much. Cut the foolish spending.
Too many paid DHS.... especially when considering patriotic citizens would do the job for free ....as is their birthright .....if not hampered by the federal government.
Well, when you guys stop voting for DEM's or REPUBS, maybe something will change.
But it seems many of you really seriously believe one is better than the other.
Let's leave politics outta the S/P.'08.
All that non-existant ammo they aren't buying and aren't stockpiling is going to go to potential use when the economy heaves it's dying breaths and falls flat on its face, only this next time worse.
Americans that are used to having, won't have. The inner city cesspools, already bad, are going to come apart and stink to high heaven when things get really bad. DHS and their armor will roll out.