GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ah.... got 350 large magnum pistol primers at that treasure shop today. $8. Gonna use them in my 10mm and .44 spl. They are made by CCI.

I sure ain't gonna pay $100 for 1000 primers... EVER. See I also have a whole coffee can full of 9mm 'pulls'. 9mms I found on the range and still live. I dunno what they used for power so I'll pull each one, save the bullet, case, and primer, and dump the powder. Talk about cheep shooting! All I pay for is the powder.

Speaking of which today I shot my Glock 43 with reloads I made from pulled bullets (was a beautiful day here in Texas.) What is more at a pawn shop a week ago I found two Glock 43 mags, one with a Pearce +1 extension, for $5 EACH! I tested them today with the reloads. Not a jam and I got in a good practice session with one of my favorite CCW guns.

·
JABRONI AUTIST
7,420 Posts
It may be a hassle (Hornady is now loading 10mm w/SP primers too) but I think the 10mm is better off using SP primers, makes more sense.

·
10mm Advocate
6,908 Posts
It never should have had a LP pocket to begin with. There is no reason an auto pistol cartridge should have a large pocket. LP pockets should be reserved for revolver cartridges only .41 Magnum and larger. The .357 Magnum is just right with a SP pocket.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Blazer had a thought several years ago.
Hey, we need to shut down our machines and switch to large primers for .45 Auto.
Why don't we save time and money by getting cases made for small pistol primers?
Yeah, great idea.
Oh, look, we can make money with 10mm Auto. Guess we need to order cases for small pistol primers.
Yeah, great idea.

It was really stupid to make .45 Auto cases with large pistol primer pockets. After all, it only worked 100% perfect for over 100 years. Never saw a case failure due to primer pocket being for large primers instead of small...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts