GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I encounter them often on the range. 10mm Blazers with small pistol primer pockets. Kind of a hassle when reloading.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Been dealing with the same issue with 45 ACP ammo. Hassle sorting brass out and having two separate reloading processes for the same caliber.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
My only guess would be that since every other Blazer load uses them, it saves them time and or money during production.

Reactions: xTerpx

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I encounter them often on the range. 10mm Blazers with small pistol primer pockets. Kind of a hassle when reloading.
They don't reload them, is the reason they don't care.

Its likely cheaper for them to use the same stuff for 10mm as 40, though. Money, is a motivation for many business decisions.

·
NRA & Second Amendment Life Member
1,561 Posts
Maybe it’s cheaper for them. As long as it works, they probably don’t care!

Steve

Reactions: jk_226

·
Registered
34,815 Posts
Blazer brass? I have yet to see one, but then not many shoot 10mm at the local ranges. Yep, pita. As noted, its been going on with 45acp for years. The 10mm doesnt need a LP anyway, less powder volume than a 357mag. It should have always been a SP, hence the 40.

Reactions: 835mag

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
Nothing worse than having everything setup and running flawlessly and then smashing a large primer into a small primer hole.......

I seem to get a few in every hundred or so of my 45 brass and they are easy to miss.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I have a separate coffee can for my 45 ACP with SPP. I’ve yet to reload em and have considered chucking ‘em. Something in the back of my mind says to save ‘em for a rainy day, so there they sit, taking up space.

I’m guessing folks who load 10mm will be finding themselves in a similar predicament now.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well while I have a nice supply of small pistol primers and large ones I like to keep the small ones for 9mm and .38s and large ones for 10mm, .44 , and .45.

But a silver lining folks. I have a lot of small MAGNUM pistol primers. Maybe I'll use them in the 10mm cases with small pistol primer pockets!

·
Registered
34,815 Posts
Well while I have a nice supply of small pistol primers and large ones I like to keep the small ones for 9mm and .38s and large ones for 10mm, .44 , and .45.

But a silver lining folks. I have a lot of small MAGNUM pistol primers. Maybe I'll use them in the 10mm cases with small pistol primer pockets!
Really no need with most powders, std SP works just fine in 357mag with 2400 & AA#9.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really no need with most powders, std SP works just fine in 357mag with 2400 & AA#9.
Well yes but... I have lots of 'em. And there is a primer shortage now... so here is a way I can make do and stretch out my small pistol primer stash!

·
Registered
34,815 Posts
Well yes but... I have lots of 'em. And there is a primer shortage now... so here is a way I can make do and stretch out my small pistol primer stash!
I have no issues swapping spm primers in my idpa 9 or 40 minor loads. I treat yhem as interchangeable.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Started reloading 10mm this year and was surprised to find SPP's also.
Been saving my SPP 45acp brass and finally have a use for them. Going to start shooting indoor bowling pin matches where they frown on you picking up your brass. You guys (and gals!) can start sending me your SPP 45 cases!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a separate coffee can for my 45 ACP with SPP. I’ve yet to reload em and have considered chucking ‘em. Something in the back of my mind says to save ‘em for a rainy day, so there they sit, taking up space.

I’m guessing folks who load 10mm will be finding themselves in a similar predicament now.
That’s exactly what I do. It finally paid off. Stopped into a store that only had SPP in stock so I bought some.

·
Free Full Clip!
17,124 Posts

You might as well save them up until you have enough of them to make it worthwhile to change your reloading setup from large primers to small which isn't that big of a deal.

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
Nothing worse than having everything setup and running flawlessly and then smashing a large primer into a small primer hole.......

I seem to get a few in every hundred or so of my 45 brass and they are easy to miss.
I use a deft hand so that I can detect the problem before smashing it home. Ease in to start, then a good push to bottom out. It sounds slow, but not really. Now, if you have a 1050, that's another story.

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
Blazer is typically good brass, but I've yet to see any spent 10mm in the wild. I have picked up a lot of 10mm brass at my range this year. Oddly, given the price point, no Blazer yet.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Just to stick it to guys who have progressive presses. It’s diabolical.

These same evil people already stuck it to me with small primer .45s.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmmm.. at a 'treasure shop' this guy has 500 or so large pistol MAGNUM primers... $2.70 per hundred. Bit older primers but I think I'll drop by tomorrow and get 'em all.

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
All large primer will eventually disappear and be replaced with small primers to accommodate the non toxic primers that need a smaller flash hole to run hotter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts