close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why I prefer the Israeli Method in light of the Sandy Hook event

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jake Starr, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Jake Starr

Jake Starr

I am an advocate of the Israeli method for quite sometime. Prefer it to all others.

In light of the recent tragic events in CT, here is why I prefer it.

1. The obvious safety factor of carrying C3, especially in a civilian context, i.e. schools.
    2. It is taught from a Counter-terrorists perspective. It is exactly what we would deem the appropriate response to an Active Shooter Scenario.
    If schools or other “soft-targets” were to have armed teachers or private armed security, I would want them to be trained in the Israeli Method.

And this is not primarily about condition of carry, but rather appropriate response.

If you focus on the former and ignore the later you do not understand the "Israeli" method.

2. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

1. Carrying C3 is okay if you are not being specifically targeted, but are part of a group that is being attacked. I would not carry C3 in a high crime environment.
    2. I strongly recommend that laws be changed to allow adults who work at schools to train to shoot and carry firearms, if they want to.

3. JMS

JMS 02

If someone cannot carry safely in C-1 they have no business carrying at all.

4. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

If "The Israeli Method" is having armed guards/ fixed site security, then I agree with you... if it's not having a round in the chamber, then I certainly don't.

The whole idea is that someone would attend training to become proficient with their weapons- so "C3" aka Condition 3 aka Dead Man's Carry aka Status Amber would be completely unnecessary.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  5. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

Not a very respectful post, Sir. Would recommend that you edit. And I do carry C2 sometimes.

6. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

UNnecessary...

Dude never misses a chance to push the empty chamber stuff.

7. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Not directed at you.

This.

8. ronin.45

ronin.45

How would not having a round chambered be beneficial at Sandy Hook? While I wish that a gun, in any condition, was available, I fail to see how C3 would have made a difference.

9. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

Right. Sorry. Carry on Sir.

10. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

It has been my experience with people that have theories like this that they often have never had any formal training. I may be wrong about Jake Starr but I'm guessing I'm not. With a competent instructor you can actually see how the different methods are employed and thus see that condition 1 carry is vastly superior. I'd prefer to have one less thing to worry about when I hear the first gun shot.

11. smokin762

smokin762

Maybe that teacher will have time to grade some papers too before they had to protect children and themselves.

12. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

I carry cocked and locked, however - when you are talking teachers and other people who do not train a lot, that might not be safest. We are talking teachers here, right?

I would prefer to have lockd doors and buzzers, camera on every entrance exit door, and a team of at least 2 armed security/police, who would escoert visitors to the office. Maybe even metal detectors or wands to be used at the doors.

13. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Which would do what when someone makes their own door with a truck?

14. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

That is what armed security/police are for

15. jp3975

jp3975

If you're talking a school environment and its a teacher carrying...i say israeli is best.

People can be incompetent. A student could get the gun. Having the chamber empty could save someone. And we really wouldnt need bad press on teachers carrying if they where allowed to, which i doubt will happen in many instances.

16. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Your right, teachers are likely to be untrained, and inexperienced. Precisely why C3 is a bad idea. They're likely to forget or miss a step and have no chance to defend themselves.

17. uz2bUSMC

uz2bUSMC 10mm defender

Like those super tactical overweight security guards? Yep, one look at those guys and I can just tell they are shooters. Certainly the best trained option for the schools. Much better than a proactive, committed teacher that may have the actual desire to protect their children as apposed to guy who needed a gig to pay bills.

18. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Haven't met many teachers who I imagine would be willing to plunk down the extra time to learn to be truly proficient with a weapon.

Your much more likely to end up with a bunch of teachers who fired the gun once and put it away, in places like CT, end up with a bunch of liberal teachers who want nothing to do with guns anyways.

Yep, would much rather have a paid security guard than a teacher trying to play security.

19. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

WTF are you talking about? don't you know that mere possession of a gun imparts the mindset of a warrior?

isn't it strange how the far left and many of the pro gun camp agree? That it is the gun itself that turns people into stone cold killers.

:whistling:

20. uz2bUSMC

uz2bUSMC 10mm defender

If they don't keep up on the training than they shouldn't be part of the plan. Just because someone is a paid security guard doesn't make them a great option either.