Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While most of the country freezes to death, we have some great weather. Give me hurricane season any day of the week over snow. :tongueout::wavey:

·
X-Nuc
1,391 Posts
Going to be 80 degrees here today is what they are saying...I really was hoping to put the chains on my tires and bundle up, but looks like its shorts and t-shirt weather instead.

Gotta hate FL weather!

·
Registered
21,444 Posts
I kinda felt bad last night. I was sitting on the driveway doing the beer thing with a neighbor....we were wearing t-shirts and slapping the occasional mosquito. Meanwhile everyone else is all cold and pale.

·
Tank44
593 Posts
Yeah, talk to me in July and August when the heat and humidity is off the charts and we are sunny and cool. I'll take a brief period of freezing to live in beautiful Colorado.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Yeah, talk to me in July and August when the heat and humidity is off the charts and we are sunny and cool. I'll take a brief period of freezing to live in beautiful Colorado.
At least you get beauty; Wisconsin has some nice areas most of them 3 hours away from Southern Wisconsin. Like I told my wife, this winter/last summer where we had an unbelievable amount of rain has broken me.

I will take 120 degree brutal heat every day in Arizona over this; yeah the chart says 36 in Arizona then again, I didn't hear about them getting 26" of snow Tuesday and Wednesday like we did

At least when Florida gets hot you have the option of a pool or at night where it cools off a bit...in Wisconsin during our winter it gets worse at night.

While most of the country freezes to death, we have some great weather. Give me hurricane season any day of the week over snow. :tongueout::wavey:

I call B.S. No way it was a balming 10 degrees here in Wisconsin

·
Get off my lawn
42,701 Posts
I LOL'd more - that's yesterday's map.

·
Master Member
7,562 Posts
Except from June to November, I agree with you.

I do not like hurricane season.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
I wouldn't mind living in Florida:supergrin:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Hell I'm moving to WI. Its warmer there than NW Arkansas.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I think the Midwest is probably the worst place in the country for weather. Winter gets negative temps with high winds, summer is hot and muggy with NO WIND...unless you get blown away by tornadoes.

I vowed never to move back there again, but Louisville is uncomfortably close to the same patterns. Not my choice.

·
Can you hear me
3,287 Posts
You Floridians are cruel.:miff:

I may just have to move there so I can join you.:rofl:

·
Registered
21,444 Posts
We even still have one or two places left to shoot firearms or otherwise go into the woods without getting arrested for something.

·
NRA Member
1,252 Posts
I cranked up the bike and went for a 100 mile ride yesterday just because the weather was so nice! This time of the year reminds me of why I live down here, and almost makes up for all the other crap you have to put up with to do it!

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
I wish i were somewhere else too. Here in Maine our four seasons are 1)spring 2)almost winter 3) winter and 4)still winter. I am so tired of twice weekly snow storms and below zero throw in between just for fun.

·
Banned
2,264 Posts
Hey "SoFla" there are 2 other states not on that map...and I'm positive my weather is better than yours. (Hint: I'm not in Alaska)

You can have your "Freedom". I'll take my scenery, surf, fauna and flora. :) I took this yesterday. Great beach day.

Edit: I still have never seen snow. I grew up in Tampa. Now I live here. Maybe one day I'll get to, but hopefully not.

Here's a classic video of what I deal with ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-TfZslHKoo&feature=related

1 - 20 of 70 Posts