close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why I love my Glocks..kinda long....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by muad, Mar 3, 2010.

1. muad

muad Lifetime Member

My Wife and Mother went gun shopping today (without me :crying:). They got matching pink Taurus .40s&w compact models (I don't know the actual model numbers yet), and my Mom also got a Beretta 3032 Tomcat.

I took them out back of the house, set up a target at about 10-15 yards out, and then went over some safe gun handling. Once we finally started shooting, the Beretta jammed like four times, along with one of the Taurus units jamming once after about 25-30 rounds. We were shooting Winchester FMJs in each firearm.

I then pulled out my G30, and it feed 30+ quick fire rounds without a problem. And, I was also out shooting on sunday and put a box through both my G30 and the wife's G26 without one hiccup.

When I owned a Walther PPK (S&W version), it jammed on me too. The only other hand guns I've fired recently that didn't FTF due to a jam were my and my buddies XD45s, his SA 1911, and my other buddies Taurus 24/7 .45acp.

Sorry for the long story, but I just wanted to share how impressed I am with these Glock firearms.

:wavey:

2. farley45

farley45

Glocks are great firearms.

But, just remember everything mechanical can and will malfunciton/break.

:wavey:

3. G26ster

G26ster

My new 3032 Tomcat lasted 5 days. It's at Beretta now awaiting repair/replacement. Lots of FTF's, FTE's and FTL's with first 50 rounds, but that's not why it went back. The frame was defective.

4. Guatariccan

Guatariccan

Were the new guns taken down and properly cleaned and lubed? I only ask because every gun I own functions perfectly. I have a Norinco 1911 that had some feed problems here and there but after polishing the feed ramp and breech face has been 110% I had a friend of mine saying his Beretta was worthless, didn't work, etc. I borrowed it from him, took it apart, cleaned and lubed it and 200 rounds later I could not get the thing to malfunction. Not taking anything away from glock, I love them and own a 21 and 30, or your story but if a gun is properly taken care of it'll usually work 99.9% of the time, IMHO.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  5. den888

den888

Glocks are reliable pistols !

6. txgunguy

txgunguy

Just like cars. Almost every firearm I've personally owned has ran 100% because I maintain them.

7. muad

muad Lifetime Member

Care to go into more detail? Was it a visible defect?

8. muad

muad Lifetime Member

Umm, they were brand new guns with the manufacturer's "grease/lube" all over them. I think the FTF on the tomcat was due to the mag, as the rounds were nose diving for some reason. And I didn't fill the mag to full capacity either.

With my G30 and G26, I took them out of the box, Filled the mags, and fired away without one problem. If I have to take down a brand new firearm to clean and lube, IMO the manufacture is not providing a good product.

Now, as for a used gun, I totally agree. I take down and clean All of my firearms the same day they are fired; most of the time right after if I have time. If time is short, I will at least get some hoppes working on the barrel, etc., until I can get to them later that night.

This post was more about how I love that I can open up a new Glock box, and fire the gun with no issues. And like I said, I had the same experience with my old XD45.

9. G26ster

G26ster

The right hand recoil bar was going too far forward, which prevented the slide from seating in the frame on reassembly. The reason was the frame held the trigger bar too far outward, thus the recoil bar did not engage the notch in it, and moved too far forward. My gunsmith said they'd likely replace the frame. Still waiting word from Beretta. They've had the gun two weeks.

10. jaklcrow

jaklcrow

the grease from the manufacturer may have been the problem. this isnt there to lube the gun, its to protect it while it is sitting around awaiting sale. most of the time it will be fine, but it can "gum it up" and cause all kinds of problems. clean all that crap out and lube em up and see how it goes

11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Guess what folks, if you are shooting a light-framed Glock, M&P, or a small Blowback .380 with the action held closed only by a stiff recoil spring, or a small .380 with a plastic frame like a Kel Tec, and you start having a lot of malfunctions, there is a very, very good chance you need to work on your fundamentals instead of blaming the guns. It takes different levels of bad grip to malfunction different pistols, but if your fundamental training and practice isn't up to par, you may be the problem. Yes, you can cure limpwristing of a particular gun by changes to that gun, but you still won't shoot well and you will have the same problem again.

12. mad.gunsmith

mad.gunsmith NRA and GSSF Life Member Silver Member

well i dont have guns i have Glocks :whistling:

13. mo.glocker

mo.glocker

would those be pinklitaurus's:rofl::rofl:

14. Guatariccan

Guatariccan

Ah! ok I get ya. This post is about pistols right out the box firing well. I've noticed Glock doesn't use as much "storage grease" as other pistols I've owned, just that copper anti-seize. My buddies LCP and my M&P 45 were all kinds of greasy when you stripped them down. It's just habit for me to always clean out the storage grease on new guns, regardless of the make. :dunno:

15. muad

muad Lifetime Member

Yup :rofl:

16. muad

muad Lifetime Member

I see. I didn't realize that, Sorry to all if it looked like I got a bit hot on my reply.

They haven't fired the Pinkies since, but I did notice a TON of that grease "crap" inside them. I could see now why they would have jammed.

I'm taking note here to always inspect new firearms (other than my Glocks) for excessive grease.

BTW, I got another new one on friday. I'll be posting some pics in a new thread tonight or tomorrow. All I have to say is that I've found my new love interest. Anyone up for a guess on which model???

17. engineer88

engineer88

Let's see, G30 and 26....my guess is a 21SF or maybe something in 10mm. :tongueout: