Why I like Wal Mart.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by M2 Carbine, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Terry G

Terry G

Yes, first cousins and proud of it. My point, which matches the one on the top of your head, was that I have respect for people who work for a living. You judge a man not by how he treat's his equals but by how he treats people that are temporarily serving him. Food service staff, sales clerks, etc. To demean them shows the true character.

Detectorist, 63Bravo and WeeWilly like this.
  2. norton

norton

I grocery shop at a small mom and pop chain store in my town. I get what I need there, the check out is fast.
    I do go to Wal Mart for durable goods-for example I want a new TV for my man cave. I have been using an RCA picture tube model I got for 30 years service where I worked. Wal Mart is about the only retailer in my area where I can see a variety of models operating. Our local K Mart closed this year.
    But Wal Mart has incredibly slow checkout. I find this at many retail stores, including the CVS where I get my rx and other products. Too much time spent "do you have your CVS card, then scanning, then the printout of all the "coupons" I generally have no use for.

3. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

WOW, 162 posts.

Wal Mart is really a hot subject.
    Too bad every gun owner/shooter doesn't show this kind of interest where it will actually do some good, like joining the NRA, GOA and other pro gun organizations.

Rinspeed, Lonestar 48 and treg like this.
  4. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Stepping down to the gin palace

If you think politely declining an unnecessary service is somehow demeaning to an employee, then you have a very convoluted view of what constitutes manners.

Just Glocks and pizza_pablo like this.
  5. Terry G

Terry G

When a store employee politely asks to see your sales receipt he or she is doing their job. When you blow past them with a "no, thank you" your telling them you don't consider them important enough to bother you. It's not an "unnecessary service". Their not offering you a service, how do you figure that? You might check your own manners, Jethro.

Bradd D and WeeWilly like this.
  6. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Stepping down to the gin palace

Here you go, Sweetie. The lines are just suggestions...

Coloring Book.jpg

Just Glocks likes this.
  7. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

No other store I shop at ask to see a receipt after ck out except if an alarm goes off because some stupid do out cashier forgot to scan a security code to remove it ! I will say this without remorse they closed a Walmart near me last year on one of my last visits was run over by a young black girl being chased by security she made it through the doors out into the parking lot they never saw her again , even with a police presence mobile wagon in the parking lot they couldn't stop theft mostly minority shoppers at this location they finally closed the store ,once again if your stopped and asked for a receipt thank a minority

Over the years several businesses have closed here because they couldn't contain minority theft ,hell one mall closed because of it !
    Every thing was good in this area till Government put in a large community of section 8 housing !

Stevekozak likes this.
  8. treg

treg

Those workers are pawns being used in a larger game than "Can I see your reciept, please?"

Stevekozak and Just Glocks like this.
  9. FAS1

FAS1

Then you certainly don't shop at Sam's Club or Costco. :D

Just Glocks likes this.
  10. UncleDave

UncleDave

I never had a problem with WalMart employees, even when I worked there. It was the average clientele of our particular store I couldn't tolerate. I guess a lot depends on the location.

happyguy likes this.
  11. Detectorist

Detectorist

Nope.

12. Lazy R

Lazy R

My little town has a KMart store and no WalMart. The KMart store has nothing there and smells bad. We do have a good Ace Hardware that covers a lot of needs, good locally owned sporting goods, and good grocery stores. But 45 minutes north in Missoula is a WalMart and I can cover a lot of bases there that I can't find here. The people are friendly and the service is good.

Yeah I don't want to enrichen the China cartel any more than needed, but I don't want to shop all over bad-traffic Missoula for a basket of bric-a-bracs, neither. WalMart serves a purpose for me.

13. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

No I do not I really dont shop Walmart for myself I eat out at a little obscure steak and beer joint here 95 % of the time a great white chef and real cute bar maid she's got to be southern never seen her without a smile , tip jar always full !

Stevekozak likes this.
  14. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

The shopping experience at a given Walmart (or any store for that matter) depends a lot on the surrounding demographics, if you catch my drift. Your experience at a Walmart in Hayden, Idaho is going to be markedly different from your experience at a Walmart in Jackson, Mississippi.

KNOWMSAYIN'?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Just Glocks and 63Bravo like this.
  15. Terry G

Terry G

"He doesn't get it, he's never going to get it."

16. Detectorist

Detectorist

Bingo!!

There is a WM Super Center about 25 miles from me in a nicer area. The shelves are always well stocked and has good customer service. Many nicer cars in the parking lot like Mercedes and Infinitis. It's mostly empty at night.

The one closer to me has many customers in there at 3 a.m. It has a few more issues then the on in the nicer area.

I never understood dragging children to WalMart after 10pm.

IamtheNRA likes this.
  17. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

That certainly must be true.

I'd never go into a Wal Mart (or anywhere else) a second time if I experienced the rude behavior some posters talk about.

I've been in some parts of the country where acting like a Jackass is considered normal.

18. SCHADENFREUDE

SCHADENFREUDE

I really have no issue with Walmart the business. I have an issue with the sloths and meth heads that are zombie creeping through the store while I'm trying to buy cheap stuff. The same stuff that is on amazon and at Target but cheaper.

19. Terry G

Terry G

Thank you for the Crayons. I really appreciate it since the Guards in here won't let me play with anything sharp. Again the question though, how is asking for your receipt for un-bagged items "an unnecessary service"? It's part of a loss prevention system, not a courtesy you should refuse. You don't think it's demeaning to do that to someone trying to do their job?

20. nrajeff

nrajeff

At my WMart, some of the door people will always ask for my receipt, some ask part of the time, and others never ask me. I have to assume that they are given some latitude in how Nazi-like they want to be on this. So on my way out of the store, when I saw that it was manned by one of the "never" checkers, I knew I was good to go. When I was asked to show it, I complied.

But that's gonna affect me less now, because I am trying to shop elsewhere whenever possible, as I told WM corporate in my email to them. The Bloomberg/WalMart "merger" was the last straw for me. I was willing to put up with the redneck family feuds, the shoppers pushing carts the wrong direction, the checkout lane that starts flashing on the shopper just ahead of me, and the "Now we close at Midnight" announcement that forced me to shop when conditions were the most crowded, instead of being able to shop at 2 AM when it was just a handful of normal people and a handful of zombies.

mike from st pe and paynter2 like this.