Why I like Wal Mart.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by M2 Carbine, Sep 15, 2019.

1. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

BWAHAHAHAHAHA...uh, no...

Ghost doctor, treg and Intolerant like this.
  2. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

I missed that.
    Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Intolerant likes this.

3. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

OK, you all convinced me.
    No more will Wal Mart get my $85 a week.
    That should shut them down..................................

No, just kidding.
    It's more like $80 a week.......including the Wal Mart Gas. :)

By the way.......you all are NRA Life Members........Right?

Oh, and the Gumbo was OK, but really not my best.

pizza_pablo likes this.
  4. Bradd D

Bradd D

Every four months I go into Walmart to get motor oil so I can do an oil change on my truck. They are out of stock every time. There's a spot on the shelf, but there's nothing in it. This is two different stores, too. Asking for help from an associate is a waste of time and finding a manager is impossible. The first time it happened I was able to find a manager and they found a case in a security room.

SirRonny likes this.
  5. Glock 17L

Glock 17L

I had my oil changed at Wal-Mart once, hey it was $20, That's cheaper than the oil & filter cost..
    The Bozo who changed it left the two rear bolts out of the skid plate & later it got caught on something & it locked in a crack in the driveway while backing out & it wadded the plate up into a pile under the car?? I had to cut the thing off with the Sawz-All & then take the front two bolts out with a ratchet..
    Needless to say they are not responsible & asked me to leave..
    I left the crumpled up metal pan laying there on the floor & warned everyone there..
    NEVER EVER GET YOU'RE OIL CHANGED AT WAL-MART OR GET TIRES HERE EITHER!!
    Steer clear of that place.
    I know they once had cheap ammo..

SirRonny likes this.
  6. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Just go to the sporting goods counter (there is never anyone there), pick up the phone and dial zero. Tell the operator you need a manager in automotive. Works like a charm.

The next time you are there and an associate pages a manager, just watch to see what number they key in to use the public address system. :alien:

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

MB-G26 and nrajeff like this.
  7. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

WM ammo 2.jpg My wife works at the Meijer across the street, but I am a Wal Mart dude, I know where most everything is located, and been shopping there for years, stopped by yesterday on my way home from work, looked in the ammo display area and found this.............BUT they (WM MGR) told me, when they sell it all out, its not going to be replaced...... G O N E !!!
    WM ammo 1.jpg

8. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:9

I was at a Walmart several years ago and they had only one register open (imagine that) and probably 8 people waiting to check out. There were large signs hanging over the register area that stated if more than 3 people were in line they would open another register.

The customer service manager (name tag) walked by me and I asked her to open another register and I pointed out the signage. She reluctantly did so but she was not happy about it and neither was the girl that had to open the register.

I went back to this same store about 2 weeks later and the first thing I noticed was that all those signs were gone.

nrajeff likes this.
  9. Ghost doctor

Ghost doctor N.R.A life member. G.O.A member

Glad you like them. I would rather starve or go with my ass sticking out, than to shop with those bloomberg lovin' commies.

SirRonny likes this.
  10. FAS1

FAS1

There is the real problem. So many gun owners complain and whine about their eroding rights and yet the NRA only has 5 million members? Where are the other 95 million of you? Join up and you won't need to give a crap what Walmart says.

11. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

THERE YOU GO.!!

I joined the NRA in 1960, to help fight for our gun rights. Been a life member ever since.

I FIRMLY BELIEVE that if it wasn't for the NRA and members fighting for our gun rights during the past years, we wouldn't be allowed to legally own more than a 22 single shot rifle now days, if that.

So, if you are one of those people that are all mouth about such things as Wal Mart, but don't support the pro gun organizations, like the NRA, GOA and other pro gun organizations, WAKE UP, and STEP UP, and actually DO SOMETHING constructive about protecting your/our gun rights.

Because, whether you do, or don't buy from What Mart doesn't do a damned thing to protect our gun rights.
    A NRA Membership does.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    SirRonny, BengalBacker, Jump and 3 others like this.
  12. Americanpatriot

Americanpatriot

It's just not them not selling certain items anymore but calling out the government for stricter legislation after profiting off of it for decades is a big FU to it's customers and American Citizens.
    After years of small businesses, mom and pop gunshops struggling to compete with Walmart, just crap on the loyal customers. I've already altered my shopping habits. Will adjust some more. Won't say I won't shop at Walmart anymore, but they are definitely going to lose alot of my shopping money.
    Join the NRA. Just renewed mine a couple more years and I'm a member of three other gun rights organizations. Also write to your legislators. I also wrote to the NRA what my position is and what I expected from the NRA.
    Action not excuses

13. picrthis

picrthis

too pricey......same brands

14. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

There you go!

If just 25% of the gun owners joined the Gun organizations, the politicians would be terrified to say the word "Gun".

15. Americanpatriot

Americanpatriot

It's sad because it's such a small amount of money and effort but makes a huge impact. I'm a member of the GOA and a couple of others but the NRA is the organization that the Democrats hate,fear and are trying to destroy. Let that sink in, even if you don't agree with everything the NRA did or didn't do in the past. Maybe they had to learn their lesson from the past too, that appeasement or compromise isn't a winning strategy. Join the NRA and then write to them what you expect from the organization

SirRonny, rock_castle and nrajeff like this.
  16. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I think it is fine for anyone to boycott any business that doesn't support their political views. The thing that drives me crazy is all the people that hate Walmart because the "are all in with China", and post it from their iPhone.

17. J_Rico

J_Rico

I would have agreed with you this time last month.

This is from their policies page.

"Walmart is a charter member of the Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, organized by Walmart and Everytown for Gun Safety."

https://corporate.walmart.com/policies

The decision to stop selling some ammo and firearms is annoying, but not the end of the world.

The decision to partner with gun grabbers like Bloomberg is too far for me.

SirRonny, Jump, rock_castle and 5 others like this.
  18. stavey

stavey

Stock up on Gillette products while your there. Clearly you have no dignity anyway

These will be the first to complain when they want to take their guns. So weak minded

SirRonny, happyguy and Ghost doctor like this.
  19. reniram

reniram

I said it in a different WM thread - my local WM is great with really good employees, and I'll continue to shop there. The manager has said he'll continue to sell handgun ammo as long as he can get it from the warehouse, and OC is still fine in his store. I've been in some that haven't been as good, but most are pretty darned good. YMMV.

20. Americanpatriot

Americanpatriot

lol, I hear ya. Personally, I make a good effort to make alot of made in the USA purchases. Alot of gear, clothing and products as much as possible. I do enjoy my made in Austria Glocks though. I spend alot of time doing online research to find products made here when I'm looking into buying something. When I'm Ina store I'm always reading labels. Sometimes at the store there is no USA made option. I'll even try buying something made elsewhere before selecting a made in China option just to do my part. Hopefully more manufacturers will come back to the USA.

SirRonny, Ghost doctor and WeeWilly like this.