Why I like Wal Mart.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by M2 Carbine, Sep 15, 2019.

1. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

Poor people gonna wait in line to save $$. Cheap people gonna do it, too. Those xtra registers are for holidays. WM can't have people in line at Home Depot on holidays.

3 more 'I like WM' threads and the tally will be even. I'm not betting it will happen. ;)

mike from st pe likes this.
  2. Pluto57

Pluto57

You'd think, but even at the height of the holiday season, I've never seen all the registers at a Walmart open.

3. flyover

flyover

Something interesting came up while I was talking to my sister. She and her husband was in their local Wal-Mart store. He decided to get a box of ammo while he was there. In the conversation between him and the employee at the gun counter, the employee stated that management was rethinking their decision on ammo sales because of the pushback that they are receiving.

I guess time will tell.

4. Pluto57

Pluto57

Sounds more like wishful thinking on someone's part. I can't believe Walmart made this decision without knowing there would be pushback. It's not like they're the first company to do something like this.

pizza_pablo likes this.
  5. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

The checkout lines are fast? We are talking about Walmart here.

I agree with much of what the OP says. My issue with Walmart is that they are actively lobbying for gun control. That’s why I no longer shop there. They crossed a big important line.

SirRonny, nrajeff and pizza_pablo like this.
  6. Sfaql

Sfaql

Ya gotta shop at what’s around I guess . I avoid wal Mart myself , don’t know anyone who food shops there , but then we got Wegmans all over the place .

Wegmans has received much media attention for customer fan base, organic food, hot food bar, the depth of its food selection and employee happiness.[49] Food Network recognized it with its award for Best Grocery Store in 2007.[50] Consumer Reports subscribers voted Wegmans the top grocery store in 2017; it has held the top spot since 2006.[51

The Walmart nearest me is in the burbs , but on a road that runs out of the city , a not so nice part too. The one that was in the city I worked for generated over 1,000 911 responses per year , so ya no I’ll pass .

7. mj9mm

mj9mm

lots of big box stores have quit selling Guns, Ammo and such. Sears, Kmart, Penneys, a whole lot i don't remember. like already said in this argument, businesses make decisions, sometimes good and sometimes not. i don't see a reason to take it personal. i personally like Walmart, i travel quite often and know i can get what i am looking for pretty much anytime i go into their stores, no matter where i am. i have personally never had trouble with employees at any Walmart i've been to, and thats a lot of stores, then again, i don't look for trouble either. one of my nieces works at the Walmart in my area, she's been there for more than 10 years and has moved up to manager positions, not store level, department level, and she loves her job. she has told me that the people she works with, for the most part, like their job also. like anywhere else though, they have to weed out the riff raff. someone recently pointed out to me that Walmart was running Kmart out of our town. my reaction was, yeah, their goods are cheaper, thats capitalism, who purposely shops where it costs them more money. the real culprit is buying online, yet there is still enough sales to keep walk in store front alive. Walmart is a choice, you are free to choose, i just don't agree with the need to publicly bash them.

8. flyover

flyover

I don't know if it is wishful thinking or not. I was not there so I can not judge the employee's statement.

As I sais, time will tell.

9. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Yeah, that was a poor choice of words on my part.
    Sounds like I'm demeaning people that make minimum wage and/or Wal Mart employees, but I didn't mean it that way.

pizza_pablo and mdlott like this.
  10. Detectorist

Detectorist

Walmart serves its purpose. They also buy local goods and services worth over 7 billion in my state. Something to consider.

lazarus66 and pizza_pablo like this.
  11. mdlott

mdlott

7 Billion with a B? At the expense of sounding doubtful, would you please post some data, or maybe a link?

pizza_pablo likes this.
  12. Detectorist

Detectorist

pizza_pablo likes this.
  13. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    While Walmart’s recent anti-gun changes are annoying, I will still shop there. Going to miss the cheap practice pistol ammo, but I can get it on line cheaper. The open carry ban doesn’t impact me, as I will not open carry in town, only out in the boonies. With the violence that has occurred in some of their stores, I can see where some non-gun owning employees would be uncomfortable and an employer has to support their folks.

That said, if no weapons/no concealed carry becomes policy down the road at Walmart, I will boycott them completely just as I have Levi’s, Nike, and Dick’s sporting goods and they can KMA.

pizza_pablo likes this.
  14. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Thankfully, he doesn’t shop at the Walmart in my area.

15. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

I only go to Walmart for the entertainment value and to get cat food and frozen pizza

IAhunter likes this.
  16. Detectorist

Detectorist

Today I saw 9mm box for around $0.17/rd at WalMart. Where can I buy it cheaper?

pizza_pablo likes this.
  17. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I too like WalMart.

I have liked it since I read the first article about Sam Walton, his roots, how he used to drive at nights to buy women’s panties in another state so he could offer the best price around.

He is one of the greatest entrepreneurs in the history of the United States. All the complainers couldn’t have carried his jock strap.

That is that truth.

Lonestar 48 and Speleothem like this.
  18. flyover

flyover

I got no quarrel with Sam, Wal-Mart was completely different when he was alive. The new leadership/heirs couldn't hold a candle to him either.

Dr. Bill, SirRonny, nrajeff and 3 others like this.
  19. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Target Sports.

20. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Amazon Prime has replaced a lot of my Wal-Mart shopping and Aldis has also taken a significant portion of my grocery shopping away from Wal-Mart, so it's getting easier for me to stay away from the behemoth.

Here's the thing about Wal-Mart though, just beyond the fact that they've stopped selling "short-barreled rifle ammuntion" and are actively lobbying for more ineffective gun laws. It's the fact that they're low wages and shrinking hours have a significant percentage of their employees on public assistance, and then they're going to virtue signal and tell me that my guns, who have hurt no one, are a problem?

Bull****. I'm done with 'em and I'm not going to help them earn profits that they're going to turn around and use to slice my throat with. If you want to contribute to that, knock yourself out, but they're plainly told you they're your enemy and they don't like your guns.

SirRonny, nrajeff and pizza_pablo like this.