Why I like Wal Mart.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by M2 Carbine, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Capone

Capone

I’d bet that is that dude K all Ward or something close to that that used to post here.

2. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I REALLY HATED to see K Mart close.

They use to run very good sales on guns and ammo.

A number of times they screwed up on the Sunday Newspaper ad and did things like advertizing Remington 1100 shotguns at the Rem 870 SALE price and putting 100 round box of 22LR on sale for the 50 round sale price.

One Sunday I drove to Ft Worth to clean two stores out of 22 ammo. :)

Right now I'm wearing the last pair of $17 (on sale) K Mart boots I bought years ago.
    Actually, excellent boots. I wish I had bought 20 pair, or more, back then, before K Mart closed.
    Nothing at Wal Mart.

I found a picture of the boots.
    Eating lunch, flying with my feet and knees.
    I miss those fun days. :)

407 panel 4.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    SirRonny, MB-G26, dbuck47 and 6 others like this.

3. cbetts1

cbetts1

No pockets, love his key holder.

Berto likes this.
  4. Capone

Capone

I just left mart bought me some oatmeal and a sub sammich. If I remember I will take a picture of the 350 whale that works there he goes through more hair color than a woman. Wears a kilt to and a big nose ring/hoop. I never buy ammo from them I buy mine at Alaska ammo or sportsman’s warehouse. Always cheaper than mart was.

5. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Stepping down to the gin palace

I don't care who does or does not shop at Wal-Mart, but I am curious about what it is that you ACTUALLY NEED that you cannot get anywhere else. What would that be exactly?

TGT likes this.
  6. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

When I lived in Arkansas I knew a former Walmart exec. He told me all Walmart wants it to be the only major store in America.

The overall plan is to also become a bank. You have your paycheck or government check deposited to the Walmart bank. As a member of the bank you are a member of Walmart and get member prices. Between the local Walmart stores you would be able to get medical, dental, glasses, photos, insurance, tires etc. as well as the regular Walmart stuff. Then they wanted to expand into auto sales and auto parts. Then finally home sales and a leasing office for renters. Even full service restaurants adjacent to the stores.

Basically one stop shopping for everything and everyone deposits every welfare to Walmart. Imagine every government check and every EBT card spent at only Walmart.

The plan was derailed because the SEC and FDIC stopped them from becoming a bank. But they are very patient.

nrajeff and FullClip like this.
  7. Stevekozak

Walmart already owns banks. Research Arvest Banks.

Batesmotel likes this.
  8. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

A step in the plan.

9. Stevekozak

Weird untimely double-tap

10. diggy485

diggy485

I know I could get most of the stuff off of Amazon, but there are certain things you want to purchase with a physical reference, and it is just a matter of convenience.
    I don’t personally have anything against Walmart, I just hate to shop there.
    There are lots of stuff I do get on amazon, but sometimes you just have to go out and get ****. Lol
    Sometimes **** comes up when you need stuff now! Lol

glock1097 likes this.
  11. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

I try to shop at Walmart when I can. Amazon is really convenient for me - I live so far from town. I just keep a list and when it gets big enough I make an order. But one thing about Walmart - they employ local people.

I have never had an issue with a WM employee. I think a lot of issue are the result of costumers making strange demands of the employees. One of them is peeing their (customer's) pants when they are asked to see the sales slip. Do they think the employee does that on their own? If you don't like that Walmart policy - don't go there in the first place.

As far as guns/ammo - there are plenty of places to buy that. Dick's is no longer one of them...

12. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

I had nothing against Walmart until they jumped on the anti-gun bandwagon, first with not selling "assault weapons", and then discontinuing sales of handgun and "short barreled rifle ammo"

Now, I'm reluctant to shop there anymore. I see what they did as giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

That's not something I can just overlook.

Combatcomm, SirRonny, Jump and 6 others like this.
  13. Stevekozak

I nicely tell them no when they ask about the receipt. They don't do anything. The second time I was asked this, I asked the employee what would happen if I said no, and they said nothing at all would happen, so I just say no and keep walking. When they want to pay me for my time, I will stop.

nrajeff and pizza_pablo like this.
  14. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I don't make a "thing" about checking the receipt.

The first reason is I can't see giving a "minimum wage? person" a hard time for just doing what the Boss told them to do.

And I can just imagine the amount of theft that take place in a big store like that.

And I just joke with the person, telling them such as, "If you can find the receipt in this mess, you can have it".

I've always thought, when seeing the age of a lot of Wal Mart employees , I hope when I'm that old I can retire, instead of having to still work at Wal Mart.

15. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

What the heck was the bet on? I wouldn't bet where I had to wear that in public on if the sun was going to rise in the East tomarrow.

16. elkhart

elkhart

I don't like Walmart's stance on guns, but boycotting them is not a good choice for me. It's pretty much Walmart or Target around here, so take your pick.

Dicks I can avoid (dang that didn't come out right. Dang, neither did that...), there are other options.

17. sombunya

sombunya Use it up, throw it away

Very true.

Also, you can gauge the size of small to medium sized towns by how many Wal Marts there are there.

18. Stevekozak

I don't give them a hard time either. When they ask I mind them lookin at my receipt, I just say "No, thank you." and keep walking. No muss no fuss. No one has said an extra word to me.

19. Pluto57

Pluto57

And yet they sell guns and ammunition. Strange behavior for an anti-gun business.

20. Pluto57

Pluto57

Nobody makes minimum wage at Walmart, but I get your point.