Why I like Wal Mart.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by M2 Carbine, Sep 15, 2019.

1. MB-G26

MB-G26 Extraneous Lifetime Member

Or Fry's Electronics.... last time I was in there - atmosphere was down right militant w/the receipt checking, long lines at the exit backed up ridiculously, including physically, by hand, digging through every bag in the cart and marking off each accounted-for item with a stupid yellow highlighter that turned dark grey on the thermal paper receipt, obliterating the item entry "highlighted" thus negating any chance of item return. (No, haven't had to shop there since, thankfully.)

Stevekozak and Just Glocks like this.
  2. nrajeff

nrajeff

I think depriving them of $100,000 every 20 years will hurt them a bit, if a bunch of other people do what I am doing, and let WM's management know about it. But I am posting today to express my gratitude to WM for announcing their hostility to the 2nd Amendment. Yes, I am grateful, because today I chose a different local store (Martin's) for grocery shopping, and it was GREAT! The prices were close or identical to those at Wal Mart, plus they have discounted gas (the WM in my town doesn't sell gasoline). They close at midnight, same as WalMart, so no downside there.

Plus it had these amazing bonuses, free of charge:

---NO crowded parking lot
    ---NO long checkout lines
    ---NO meth zombies
    ---NO trailer trash shopping in their pajamas or yoga pants
    ---NO trailer trash shopping in their pajamas or yoga pants, and driving the handicap scooter even though they are able to walk
    ---NO trailer trash shopping in their pajamas or yoga pants, holding a family reunion in the middle of the aisle, blocking traffic
    ----Very few people pushing their cart down their left lane, forcing me to dodge them

So thanks, WalMart! If you hadn't sold me out, I never would have discovered a BETTER store to shop at! :)

Stevekozak and Just Glocks like this.

3. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Just thinking does government mandate that grocery stores accept ebt cards if not why do they do it ,
    Could easily be a way to stop welfare since government dosn't have the guts to do it !

That would make a great T Shirt .
    Why do they Do It !

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  4. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I don’t know if they mandate it, at least the SNAP program. I think the stores/company have to apply for it and get into the system to process the electronic credits. There is an incentive as everyone has competition, so the stores that accommodate it have a crack at the customer buying some of their higher margin products, so getting them in the door is important.

treg and Just Glocks like this.
  5. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

I understand it's about the money but these CEOs have to know it's borrowed money charged to taxpayers !
    So why do they do it
    Not a Patriot in the bunch just companies using the system to show a little profit , they could shut this entitlement crap down !

6. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

What has patriotism got to do with it?

They don’t make the laws, they just follow them.

Geez Louise.

7. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

A lot they could end slackers spending other people's money by not accepting any form of government entitlements , Government won't end it they could

My history I've had 100s of jobs from working at a coal mine ,triming palm tree limps, cleaning brick ,washing dogs at a vet clinic on and on last few years bought sold and traded guns and knives then opened my first machine shop with money I had earned myself my shop grew into 2 more and was doing great until government let the Chinese take away the business I built with forced labor and selling finished goods here cheaper than I could buy the raw materials ,i suffered through untill I reached retirement age and closed every thing I built down ,pennies on the dollar !

My entire life I've never received a nickel from the government not even an unemployment check in between my many jobs to support myself, entitlements are a pet leave of mind for the government to take what I worked for and give it to someone else is theft in no uncertain terms !
    Sorry for the rant but I think companies could do better to curb entitlements , God knows quite a few are willing to use their position to remove guns from the landscape !

8. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Good luck with any of that.

Just Glocks likes this.
  9. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

When we moved in to the town, it had less than 14 thousand people and no Walmart. We did our weekly drive to shop in one 45 minutes away (one way). Even with the gas bill and time lost on driving, we were financially ahead comparing to the other, local grocery stores. We were never in a position to go luxurious when it comes to shopping, so I appreciate having Walmart in the town now. Lowest prices and we can save hundred if not thousand of dollars each year.

WeeWilly and PeterG like this.
  10. berto62

berto62

The Walmart store I shop at is on the southwest side of Gainesville an area predominantly students from the University of Florida. It is full of the kind of people you WANT to see in yoga pants and pajamas. Don't mind the long line at the register:D

nrajeff, Stevekozak and treg like this.
  11. screwman

screwman

If there’s one thing at Walmart I won’t by, is ammunition. I see these people running to hoard ammo, ‘cause it’s cheap. If they raise the price a penny a round, it’ll still be cheap, they’ll make millions and laugh at the hoarders.

I realize there are people who can only afford a box or two at a time, but there are those that buy ten or more, from a company that turned it’s back on law biding gun owners. You can buy it on line and not give Walmart the satisfaction.

nrajeff and mike from st pe like this.
  12. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

From my approximately 3.5 weeks of working at wal mart, i can tell you it would bring a smile to my face to see the whole chain collapse.

nrajeff and Just Glocks like this.
  13. JMag

JMag

Hello, Walmart...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Stepping down to the gin palace

Like what? Can you give a few examples?

Just Glocks likes this.
  15. Stevekozak

I can tell you, empirically, that most (most, not all, so don't get hung up there..) ebt card shoppers are not as price/good deal conscious as the general public that is buying their own food from their own wages. It is kind of the same concept as how a lot of people treat rental cars.

mike from st pe and Just Glocks like this.
  16. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

I get 1000 rounds of 9mm 10 mm and 45 per month from Target sports great on line company !

Prices better than Walmart ,why buy guns or ammo from an anti 2 amendment corporation !

nrajeff and Stevekozak like this.
  17. Stevekozak

I started to tell you that the Democrats would give you money if you vote for them, and ask you if you wanted to do that, but then I remembered you are living in Canada, and are, IIRC, Cech or Polish by birth? You aren't going to be voting in any US elections anytime soon, so I withdraw the question. (well, with the Dems, you could be voting in our elections even if you were a non-citizen, or even dead, for that matter!)

The concept, though, was that easy and saving money sometimes have a cost that are not worth the ask....

nrajeff, Nestor and Just Glocks like this.
  18. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I don't think you thought that thru.

Because you didn't like working at Wal Mart for a few weeks, you would "smile" if 2.1 million American Wal Mart employees and the probably millions of other people whose jobs depend on Wal Mart, were out of work?

PeterG likes this.
  19. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

You dont think other stores would fill the gap? People need to buy stuff. Stores and thus employees are always needed. Other retailers would fill the gap.

Just Glocks likes this.
  20. Backpack Hunter

Backpack Hunter

What is it, and where are you getting it from?

Esse quam videri