Why I like Wal Mart.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by M2 Carbine, Sep 15, 2019.

1. nrajeff

nrajeff

Do you agree with their management's need to publicly bash US? Did you object to many gun owners' need to publicly bash Dick's when it made the "business decisions" that it made?

rock_castle likes this.
  2. nrajeff

nrajeff

We aren't interested in carrying his jock strap. We are interested in doing something about American businesses that hypocritically support governmental infringement of a Constitutional right that we happen to value a lot.

When bad stuff happens at a WalMart, who do they expect to come to the rescue? Police officers--and some of those officers used to buy practice ammo at WalMart stores. But now those officers won't be able to, because WMart management is colluding with Michael Bloomberg, who ain't exactly pro-police.

rock_castle likes this.

3. Bradley T

Bradley T

I appreciate your post and thank you for pointing out the good part of Walmart. My visits to the Neighborhood Walmart (groceries only) are positive and pleasant. The people in the pharmacy are really nice and my favorite checkout person is there too. I really like the neighborhood store. It just keeps happening though,- the Supercenters are just superterds!

4. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

not so in my area. arrival at Walmart is like stepping into Harlem. go across the street to Target and it's a whole different world, and feels like suburbia.

Yeah, Target has their QWERTY issues, but I simply don't like visiting Harlem just to get some toothpaste.

5. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I see it differently.

I think it is fine for any business person to decide to sell or not sell anything they want in their stores.

If you don’t like it enough to forgo shopping there, more power to you.

It is called freedom.

6. bandsaw

bandsaw

I split my time between both Publix & Wally World. You just can't beat Wally World prices on staples. I did however have a BAD experience with their hamburger = Never Again. We now buy all meats at Publix.
    My Publix has some of the most attractive female shoppers and it's packed with 'em. If you're single you need to roll thru Publix in Abacoa! Damn fine lookers!

7. nrajeff

nrajeff

I agree.

8. Don H

Don H

9. nrajeff

nrajeff

Understood. But I think it is also fine for anyone who was a loyal patron of a store for many years, to express their disappointment when that store adopts a policy of--and donates some of its profits to--urging the govt. to take away a right that means a lot to that patron.

That, too, is called freedom.

10. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Again, no argument, expressing disappointment, boycotting, selling the stock, etc. It is all about freedom.

The fact that Walmart has made a business decision to get out of the business of selling a given product at a given store, or support causes they as a company feel are right, just or just good for public relations with the customers they care about, again, freedom.

11. nrajeff

nrajeff

Yup, I wouldn't try to force them to sell guns, ammo, or Slim Jims if they have chosen not to. Just like I wouldn't try to force a Christian baker to make and sell an "Adam & Steve" wedding cake for a gay wedding.

rock_castle and IamtheNRA like this.
  12. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Neither would I, but the extremists amongst us do, from both points of view.

13. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

I always use the self-check area. Very seldom is it full of customers.

I get the anger about corporations yielding to anti's. And, since there's two sides to each story - you certainly have the right to drop them like a hot rock. But don't do it because you think you are going to hurt them. If you live in a rural area, like I do, you are probably just hurting yourself. Other than WM, we have a Durham's. For cloths, Target - KMart closed. I shop for groceries at a store with better produce. So I'm sticking with WM. As I said in an earlier post, they employ local people.

I guess I'm just trying to say that you won't hurt WM. If you like shopping there for convenience or price or necessity, I say continue to do so. Don't, as they say, "bite off your nose to spite your face!"

Detectorist and Terry G like this.
  14. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Y yes I do if your old and white and shopping Walmart in Jackson Mississippi you better be packing !

Stevekozak and IamtheNRA like this.
  15. Blackshirt

Blackshirt

I don't go to Wal Mart because we have far superior local businesses. Know what else? Those local businesses buy from as many local vendors as they can...

nrajeff likes this.
  16. ThunderTrumped

ThunderTrumped

Wal Mart has hurt the US in so many ways ?
    are they not the biggest beneficiary of EBT and welfare?
    who pays the difference ? we do..
    we subsidize wal mart employees.
    look it up......... wal mart is the biggest customer of EBT!!!!

nrajeff, 63Bravo and Just Glocks like this.
  17. Ghost doctor

Ghost doctor N.R.A life member. G.O.A member

I
    I have never bought ammo or firearms at china mart, so whether they chose to sell it or not makes me no difference. What I do find ironic, is the number of those on this forum who are gun owners and claim to support the 2nd amendment, but are willing to support a company that is against our rights. One day when our freedoms are finally taken from us, I hope those that chose to buy from bloomberg mart, will be satisfied in knowing that they hold their share of the blame. I fully support the 2nd amendment, so if you view me as an extremist, then more power to you also.

nrajeff, rock_castle and Just Glocks like this.
  18. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

Walmart is the biggest retailer in the USA. Who did you, or do you, think would/should be the biggest handler of EBT?

WeeWilly and Terry G like this.
  19. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I don't view you as an extremist because you "fully support" the second amendment, I view your ideas as extreme as it pertains to boycotting a retailer for deciding to stop carrying a certain product. But I "fully support" your right to that self sacrifice.

I have a few friends who I socialize with who think guns are evil and should be banned. We just don't talk about guns when we get together. They don't hate me for being a "gun guy", I don't hate them for being liberal.

20. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Your a better man than me I find a friend is a liberal he goes on my piss on their grave list and I tell them straight out I'm not trying to take your rights but being or associating with liberals your supporting taking mine , I could never look at the guy again even if he was my brother .
    School of Hard knocks 1964 !

Ghost doctor likes this.