Glock Talk banner

Why I Like the Dark

531 32
Why I like the dark.

I have been stuck on days, but get to come out a few hours early sometimes.

1. It is the criminals natural hunting ground.
2. My not-so-low-profile lightbar turns out to be a no-profile lightbar.
3. Vehicle lighting regulations are easier to enforce.
4. After dark EVERYONE is suspicious.
5. People don't realize how far (or fast) light travels in a dark county.
6. I don't have to wear a clean or pressed uniform (joke).
7. I can get places without being seen.
8. Bathroom opportunities are nearly endless.
9. Gunshots look really cool.
10. The brass is long asleep.
11. ...

Feel free to contribute.
I go to midnights next month!!!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Premium Member
4,274 Posts
11. It's cooler, and you can get some sleep without the sun beating down in your eyes... :rofl:

· Caffeine Addled
1,245 Posts
easier to pee outside

· Unfair Facist
30,612 Posts
9L82;11353865 said:
easier to pee outside
but if your well endowed like me you don't have to be embarrassed about peeing outside and hide in the dark.

:tongueout::rofl::rofl:

· Caffeine Addled
1,245 Posts
A couple on inches would be nice, I'm tired of peeing on myself when I can't sit down

· Caffeine Addled
1,245 Posts
...ever try to use you binoculars to peep into windows...very hard in the sunlight

· Unfair Facist
30,612 Posts
Didn't have ot peek in windows where I worked, the folks were to cheap to get a motel room and would park and spark on side roads. any night of the week you could see two or three naked women if you wanted to check out the cars.

· Caffeine Addled
1,245 Posts
I guess that is a more sporting way to do it...I have always been lazy

· Registered
3,119 Posts
I really like #10. The Real reason that we all like nights. You dont have to hide or stay away from the office.

I do remember that was how I ended up going to Vernon on a 96 transport. Walking from the patrol room to dispatch to get a CCH and all of a sudden, "Hey since your not doing anything go pick this guy up and take him to Vernon. Here is the Commitment.":shocked::dunno:

· Speaks Jive
443 Posts
There are a lot less people out, so the chances of the ever popular "Hey ocifer can I axe you a question?" is greatly reduced. The night diff doesnt hurt either.

· Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
I like the night differential and I'm a night owl. I work in a prison, so getting asked questions is still there, when they're not asleep. I don't deal with nearly as much brass. When I do overtime, it's as far away from the office as possible, during the day.

· Registered
583 Posts
USAF3E;11354973 said:
14. No tourists asking "Officer, How do I find my own ass? I seem to be lost."

Seriously though, do the tourist-type ever look at a dang map?
+100000000000000

The only question I have ever gotten at night was some jerkoff who couldn't sleep decided to do his laundry, stopped me and asked where the nearest coin laundry was. :faint:

· Mr. Awesome
12,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
evilwill;11354671 said:
There are a lot less people out, so the chances of the ever popular "Hey ocifer can I axe you a question?" is greatly reduced. The night diff doesnt hurt either.
Night differential? Ah yes, I have heard rumors of such a thing on the internet. One can only surmise the happiness such a benefit would bring.

· Registered
1,031 Posts
nikerret;11357905 said:
Night differential? Ah yes, I have heard rumors of such a thing on the internet. One can only surmise the happiness such a benefit would bring.
Yeah - what the heck is that? My run on midnights did not get me anything special...:dunno:

· AF Veteran
571 Posts
nikerret;11357905 said:

Oh, yes. Such an animal does exist. And I have roped and tied that hog. :rock: :cowboy:

10% at my department.

· Anchora Salutis
2,165 Posts
nikerret;11357905 said:
Night differential is like a Bigfoot or Chubacabra around here. We've heard of such things, but no one has yet to see one.

· Registered
25,861 Posts
Night Diff is a foriegn concept here. I like nights myself. No Brass and very few "cold" reports. Besides anyday you have to get up before noon is a bad day.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts