Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
10,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have laughed at the thought of a Glock 19 9mm for a long time but after hearing all you guys talking about how great your G19 is I went out and bought one, added ESR, grip plug, smooth trigger, polished internals and Ameriglo HD NS's, took her to range and fired 100 rounds, took her home, cleaned & oiled her and fell in love with her accuracy and speed while staying on target. Ordering a leather Kramer open top holster and making her my new 24/7 carry gun.

Thank you all for wasting more of my money with your dam fact and truth:supergrin: I owned a G19 a while back but never took her to the range and traded her.

P.S. went with 124gr +P HST as my carry load:wavey:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Know exactly what you mean. I've had my G23 since 2010 and have loved that gun. Well from all the love I've seen on here for the G19 I picked up a used Gen3 in Jan. of this year. Well as of late I'd rather take the G19 to the range for just the reasons you stated. "accuracy and speed while staying on target"

·
Registered
32 Posts
I carry the 19 myself on duty, with a 26 for just in case situations. Haven't had the need for the 26 yet. The 19 does well in all situations and hides well too.

·
NRA Life Member
446 Posts
I know what you mean. I bought my first Glock 12 years ago when I turned 21. I still have her and it's a 19. Now I own 5 Glocks and two of them are 19's gen 3 and 4. Problem is I still want more. :crying:

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I was riding on patrol with a sheriff's deputy buddy and often stopped by a shop a guy had in his basement (actually quite large) frequently. he tried to sell me a G-17 several times but I kept saying "It's just bigger than I want; if they ever make a smaller version I'll buy one".

Stopped in one evening and the shop owner just grinned and said "Just came in today; I haven't shown it anyone yet" and pulls out a Glock case and opens it, there was a first run G-19, handled it a few minutes and pulled out my checkbook. He said he pulled some strings with his distributor and it was probably the first one in the state.

That G-19 was my everyday carry for many years and I still have it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
...I went out and bought one, added ESR, grip plug, smooth trigger, polished internals and Ameriglo HD NS's, took her to range and fired 100 rounds, took her home, cleaned & oiled her and fell in love with her accuracy and speed ....
If I were a first time buyer, this would appear to say if you buy a GLOCK and replace a lot of parts and polish the rest, you'll have a good gun. That's a lot to consider for someone buying their first gun.

Aren't GLOCKS supposed easy to use and ready to go right out of the box?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.