Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would share a critter looking for a burger today.

Every year there are 2 or more of these little guys born. They surprising the poop out of me when I least expect them. Often we see Momma, Poppa big brother or sister too. Ya just never know when i walk around the side of the truck what might be there.

Would you carry 24-7 like I do ???

· Until I Gota 29
3,063 Posts
come on man, a .22lr would dispatch that little thing.
That is a little one.

We just went through a huge debate in General Glocking about this. Some guy is ABSOLUTELY convinced he could kill a CHARGING GRIZZLY bear with 10-15 head shots from his 9mm. He says he does it all day long at the range, and can do it on a charging grizzly. He sees no problem with that caliber choice.

· Registered
10,276 Posts
That is a little one.

We just went through a huge debate in General Glocking about this. Some guy is ABSOLUTELY convinced he could kill a CHARGING GRIZZLY bear with 10-15 head shots from his 9mm. He says he does it all day long at the range, and can do it on a charging grizzly. He sees no problem with that caliber choice.
Get him to talk to Smokeross. :rofl:

· Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will try to catch a picture of Momma or Poppa. Say what you want, Ya never know even the year old ones can get pissed off when surprised. Not sure if a jab and a left upper cut would get you out of a jam. Lot of people getting killed and mauled from dogs half this little guys size. Not taking any chances.

Cmon over for a late card game, Bear bate. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

· Regular Guy
1,789 Posts
That is a little one.

I've been following that thread. I laugh when I picture that clown standing his ground popping away with 9mm rounds at a charging grizzly. RiDONKulous!

All that would be left of him is a pile of tiny brass casings in a puddle of urine.

· Registered
954 Posts
That is a little one.

Does he know how God-awful, ***** your pants, mind boggle-ingly FAST those furry bastards cover ground when they really want too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMbnmLLnsfw

That isn't even the scariest one I've seen, just the one I could find....lol.

PS, fast forward to about 1:50 seconds.

· Until I Gota 29
3,063 Posts
Does he know how God-awful, ***** your pants, mind boggle-ingly FAST those furry bastards cover ground when they really want too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMbnmLLnsfw

That isn't even the scariest one I've seen, just the one I could find....lol.

PS, fast forward to about 1:50 seconds.
Oh yeah! I even showed him that same video! He STILL maintains he can fill a bear's skull with lead. Even after tons of people tried to explain that a 9mm might not even PENETRATE the bear's skull. I thought he was joking at first, but he's not. After more interrogation, this belief in his skills comes from shooting IDPA targets "charging" him at indoor ranges on the little zip lines. Sorry, but a zip line paper target at maybe 10mph is not the same as a 35mph, 800lb grizzly. I suggested the "Men in Black" method. You know, get swallowed, then shoot your way out.

· Registered
373 Posts
Thats what fat friends are for. You don't have to out run the bear, you just have to out run her.:rofl:

Sorry hun, but I've gotta go. Good luck with your mother. Hope it all works out OK.:tongueout:

· Tah-dah!
2,139 Posts
So you actually think my G21 wouldn't stop that bear?
I've been charged by a boar. Not a bear, a BOAR.

I literally EMPTIED a colt 45 at this damn thing.
After the fact, I counted 3 hits. 1 in the head, 1 in the neck, & 1 in the torso. Gun had 8 in the mag, 1 in the chamber. I'm a damn good shot at the range, but in this situation, that's a 30% hit ratio.

I was lucky enough to get up into a tree, where I waited probably 30 minutes(felt like MUCH longer) for the SOB to finally die.

Thoughts?

Guns don't scare pissed off animals.
It's TERRIFYING just how fast a charging animal can cover ground.

This was a boar. If I'm going anywhere that might possibly have bears? No, I wouldn't want to rely on your G21. I'd take the biggest, most powerful hand cannon I could realistically lug around, and shoot accurately. Would prefer a 10 or 12ga with slugs... or maybe a .50 Garett...

· Registered
10,276 Posts
?

Guns don't scare pissed off animals.
It's TERRIFYING just how fast a charging animal can cover ground.

This was a boar. If I'm going anywhere that might possibly have bears? No, I wouldn't want to rely on your G21. I'd take the biggest, most powerful hand cannon I could realistically lug around, and shoot accurately. Would prefer a 10 or 12ga with slugs... or maybe a .50 Garett...
Big shot guns are always good. But they don't fit the pocket that well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.