Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
UBER VOL !!!
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.theblaze.com/news/cop-s...m-threatening-to-fabricate-charge-against-man

A police officer in the United Kingdom has been suspended from duty after he was caught on video Friday threatening to throw a man in jail and adding that he would fabricate a charge against him, Lancashire Live reported.

Police officials said in a statement that officers were on their way to execute a search warrant at an address when they "stopped to speak to a group of males with a quad bike" in Accrington, Lancashire, BBC News reported.

The man the officer spoke to in the video was buying the quad bike for his stepson and was pulled over by police, the Lancashire Telegraph noted.

Soon the man accuses the officer of harassment and says, "I've done nothing wrong."

With that the officer asks, "Do you want me to show you the definition of harassment?" He then tells the man, "Give me the keys and sit in the car and shut up."

The officer then turns back and gets in the man's face.

"If you wanna f***ing step to me, and push your chest out and something like that, then fine, I'll lock you up. We'll do that, shall we?" the officer says.

The man again insists, "I've done nothing wrong," to which the officer replies, "I'll make something up. Public order. Squaring up to a police officer. Shall I do that? Who are they going to believe, me or you?"

The officer then repeats the question, this time screaming it: "Who are they going to believe, me or you?"

Well, since this all on video, probably me!

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have been to about 12 different countries, including Southern Africa. American cops and their culture is a blessing we best not abuse. It is the rare time when you can't trust an American cop, other countries, another story. (Yes there are plenty of good ones in many countries, but the culture here is generally a good one).

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I have been to about 12 different countries, including Southern Africa. American cops and their culture is a blessing we best not abuse. It is the rare time when you can't trust an American cop, other countries, another story. (Yes there are plenty of good ones in many countries, but the culture here is generally a good one).
My wife and I just finished binging Narcos and Narcos Mexico on Netflix. If LE and the military in Colombia or Mexico are 1% like how they are being portrayed, I have zero desire to EVER visit those countries. I've heard many anecdotal stories and have received tons of LE intelligence over the years on both entities, but these two shows are excellent representations which drive the point home.

·
UBER VOL !!!
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife and I just finished binging Narcos and Narcos Mexico on Netflix. If LE and the military in Colombia or Mexico are 1% like how they are being portrayed, I have zero desire to EVER visit those countries. I've heard many anecdotal stories and have received tons of LE intelligence over the years on both entities, but these two shows are excellent representations which drive the point home.
I went to Tijuana 25 years ago, with several guys from my unit at 29 Palms, CA.

We were allowed to go, but we were told to leave our military IDs, wallets, watches, and anything valuable in the states.

“Take a driver’s license, and some money, that’s it. Not too much money. And fold a $50 and put it in your sock, in case you need to bribe a federale.” That’s what my company Gunny told us when we signed out for the weekend.

Reactions: Ftttu

·
Registered
15,064 Posts
All the officer had to do was keep his mouth shut and make the arrest for harassment/menacing and there would be no controversy.

It’s always the arrest you don’t make or the ticket you don’t write that gets you in trouble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts