GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts
The state police in NY went to Glocks in 1989. As they became available to non-law enforcement I obtained one.

Information was hard to find until I found GT in 1999.

·
Mentally Frozen
25,847 Posts

·
FAHRENHEIT
7,179 Posts
I was a member years ago of the old SHOOTER'S site, and lots of people were abandoning it and coming here. Anyone remember DonOTMW? Then the SHOOTER'S site folded, so I ended up here.

Along with Gunkid, Hardin, and whatever else he went by. lol

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The first time I held a Glock in my hand it felt uncomfortable and not for me. One of sons had recently become a police officer and was issued a Glock and told me that he liked it because he had confidence that it would fire when he pulled the trigger, and that he found he was a very capable marksman using his issued gun. So I thought I should give Glock a try, and came here to find out more about Glocks. Shortly afterwards I bought my first Glock, a Model 17 which became my primary home defense gun which resides in my bedside table. I also have a G26 which I sometimes carry (I must admit that the slimmer Ruger LC9s is my primary carry gun, and other than lower capacity than the G26, gives me just as much confidence in my ability to use it to protect myself and my family).

I find Glocktalk one of the premium forums on the internet, along with rugerforum.com. A good collection of smart members, many with a sense of humor and enough activity to keep me interested. In fact, if I had to name a criticism of glocktalk it would be that there are so many participants. Sometimes a thread is started and by the time I see it there are already pages and pages of comments, giving me the choice of reading through all of the comments or just posting without reading what others have said and possibly repeating something that contributes nothing but noise to the discussion.

I used to be a member of a S&W forum but was banned, and I have come close to being banned on both the highroad and firingline for my political observations. After checking my email every morning, here is where I come along with motorcycleforum.com.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a love hate relationship with Glocktalk. It’s like your older uncle who took you under his wing and taught you the ways of the land. Maybe helped you rebuild the 327 in your 68 1/2 ton and always had an answer to any difficult question in life. Then BOOM! Racism. It usually will come after a shooting of a black man or the rioting disguised as protesting. It’ll shock you for sure but you’ll keep coming back like me because well.... it’s your uncle.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,484 Posts
I accidentally stumbled onto GT when I was shopping on-line for ammo. It was sort of meant to be. I had to close my FB account for security reasons and everybody here was so nice (well almost everybody). Now GT is like my internet family. Someday I hope to meet some of you in person. When I say "I love all of you", I mean it.

I joined to find out if Hannie is Ralph or a real model.
Yes, I am the real deal. But you can call me Ralph if it makes you happy LOL. It really doesn't matter to me.

Everything I NEED to know is here....AND we have HANNIE :hearts: :number1:
Thank you. You're such a sweetie XOXO.

·
Pinky Out
59,173 Posts
I have a love hate relationship with Glocktalk. It’s like your older uncle who took you under his wing and taught you the ways of the land. Maybe helped you rebuild the 327 in your 68 1/2 ton and always had an answer to any difficult question in life. Then BOOM! Racism. It usually will come after a shooting of a black man or the rioting disguised as protesting. It’ll shock you for sure but you’ll keep coming back like me because well.... it’s your uncle.
Nicely said. :wavey:

81 - 99 of 99 Posts