GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Mentally Frozen
25,640 Posts
Big Bore's GLOCK 21 torture test brought me here. Been here ever since. I hate everyone here and like to fight on the internet so it works for me.
Cranky old goat!

·
bene vivere
1,889 Posts
I am a 71-year-old conservative guy and like to read posts by my fellow old-timer members as well as the younger members here. The female members here are just awesome. I signed up on Aug 25, 2017, and I had a Glock 19.4 and now own five Glocks.

I had a 20-year career as a law enforcement officer and 25 years as an RN and enjoy reading the posts in Coptalk. I also enjoy reading posts by our medical folks here and read General Glock, Okie Corral, PI, and all the other forums here on GT.
Glock Talk suits me just fine! :waving:

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
I was referred here by a member that doesn't post much anymore.
I was on a few other forums that I enjoyed, like "akfiles". Man, you think this place has some characters, akfikes takes the cake.
Anyway. I found okie corral and stumbled onto the Caturday thread and the beer thread (2 of my favorite things).
Met some real cool dudes and decided I really liked it here.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
So many forums mention that I had completely forgot about. :animlol:

The wide awray of categories here is pretty nice, something for everyone. Honestly I joined because of the gun topics, I stayed because all of the others.

·
Mr. Awesome
10,406 Posts
I joined too long ago to remember why I initially got on.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
... What made you choose GlockTalk.com?
You want to know about Glocks you go to a Glock site. I know of only two and this has more members and quicker responses to questions.

Other sites like 1911 Forum or AR-15 will not usually have a correct answer for Glock questions. :homer:

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,669 Posts
I was big into the Usenet rec.guns a couple of decades ago. Traffic became lighter and lighter. Someone asked where the users were drifting off to. Glocktalk.com was one place listed. I've posted and lurked on Thehighroad, AR-15.com, the S&W forums and Rimfire. GT seemed a good longterm fit for me. Lots of good advice here.

·
Banned
266 Posts
I've never even figured out how to find threads I've posted in on AR-15.com. Their interface is just terrible. It's like they want to make it as hard to use as they can.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Years ago Jim scouten featured the forum at the end of an episode of shooting USA. I have been here ever since. I lurked a while before I signed up but that’s how I found the place. Some of you I’d like to have a beer or 10 with; others we’d have a bad time if we did so. I find this place to be the coolest for general knowledge and bs of anywhere on the web.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
When my wife and I decided to get our carry license, we ended up going with G26s. That gun is still my EDC, even though I now have lots of choices, well, before I lost them in the boating accident.

Found this place just looking for info about our Glocks, lurked for a while and eventually signed up. I'd say about 98% of the people on here are just good, down to earth people with a good sense of humor and always willing to help. These days I spend most of my time in the politics forum, followed by Okie, but several of the gun related forums also get a lot of time.

I have more than twice as many "likes" as posts, so I guess that means I feel like I fit in, or at least am accepted. I spend a LOT of time on here, because I enjoy damn near all of you, even if I haven't had direct conversations with you. I don't always agree with the mods, but overall they are very good at a thankless job. I really hope this upcoming software upgrade doesn't ruin the feel and usability of this place though.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts