GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
I joined back in 2009 when I got my first Glock and just lurked for a while. I got more active a couple of years ago for the reasons others have mentioned: good people, humor, excellent knowledge base on just about any subject.

GT is far better than other gun forums I've been on and has almost completely replaced Facebook for me as well.

·
The eBay Guy
20,583 Posts
Traded for my first glock, a G23C (that I wish I still had) and when I googled it, this forum popped up.

For about the first year, I pretty much stayed in GG, but soon found the corral (GNG) and decided to stay.

Been here ever since...

·
Georgia gal
1,142 Posts
I was told there were hawt chicks here.
There's famous ones here I'm told.

And a few old, not hawt and not famous, ones too. :)

I joined after I bought my first two Glocks and soon became addicted. I also like thefirearmsforum, lots of nice and respectful folks there, but it doesn't get nearly as much traffic and the topics aren't nearly as varied.

GT is a great resource for anything firearms related and the people are for the most part great. The ones with whom I have almost nothing in common still keep things interesting. I've never needed to put anyone on ignore and almost everyone has been welcoming. I almost feel that I know many of the regulars.

I hope everyone had and is having a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.

·
Mentally Frozen
25,677 Posts
And a few old, not hawt and not famous, ones too. :)

I joined after I bought my first two Glocks and soon became addicted. I also like thefirearmsforum, lots of nice and respectful folks there, but it doesn't get nearly as much traffic and the topics aren't nearly as varied.

GT is a great resource for anything firearms related and the people are for the most part great. The ones with whom I have almost nothing in common still keep things interesting. I've never needed to put anyone on ignore and almost everyone has been welcoming. I almost feel that I know many of the regulars.

I hope everyone had and is having a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
You sound hawt!

Glad to have you here.

·
Hilljack
2,587 Posts
Came here after my first Glock purchase. Started shooting GSSF and hung out in that section for a long time. Kind of drifted away for awhile due to personal stuff. Always liked the people on here. Other sites I belong to seem almost dead now with hardly any activity. I will continue to stop by every now and then.

·
Registered
14,985 Posts
For the first couple years after I registered here, I was actually a lot more active on 'thehighroad' forums. But they had a civil war of sorts that I took no part in, it split into two sites, and I stopped visiting both.

·
Mentally Frozen
25,677 Posts
For the first couple years after I registered here, I was actually a lot more active on 'thehighroad' forums. But they had a civil war of sorts that I took no part in, it split into two sites, and I stopped visiting both.
Was one high?

·
M62/76
12,124 Posts
I’m a member of a handful of other gun forums (been over on the FALFiles for 20 years), but GT seems to be the most diverse.

Other boards are dead by comparison, I’ll go a week without logging on and when I do and click “new posts,” I’ll see maybe a dozen and they just aren’t as active.

·
Mentally Frozen
25,677 Posts
I got a Glock. I Googled "Glock chat message boards forums" and this was the second choice, I believe. Here I am.
So we're your second choice.:impatient::miff:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I discovered GT while researching an issue with a G30SF. Lurked for several months before joining.

Like others here, I was in other firearms forums first, but found GT to be much broader in appeal, knowledgeable people willing to share their experience, and a great source for current events. All in all it's a good community here.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

·
Banned
266 Posts
Fifteen years ago, a moderator on The High Road named Art Eatman argued with me, telling me that "*******" was a perfectly acceptable term on The High Road for Mexican Nationals who had entered the U.S. illegally by swimming.

He's dead, now.

But his legacy is very much alive, in spite of the fact that you can't use that term on The High Road anymore.

I've had very similar experiences on other boards, but not here.

It never occurred to me to try typing it here, but I see the term isn't allowed here, either. This pleases me and confirms my original judgement.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts