close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cfr, Mar 11, 2010.

1. cfr

cfr

OK, so I hate to ask this... but I'm gonna.

I was all set to go buy my first Glock today and chickened out at the last minute (I just couldn't pull the trigger :rofl:).

Why you ask? Because I spent the whole day at work googling Glock 22's, and was amazed at how many issues can be found. Article after article of KB's, unhappy police depts, etc.

But theres got to be more too it than I'm seeing here. I know that the Glock 22 is a huge seller to Police, etc. I've got to assume their going with Glock for a reason.

As a newbie here, I certainly dont want to make enemies before I make friends, but it just seems bizarre that a weapon thats trusted by so many LE agencies could have this many issues.

Help :crying:!!!

2. american lockpicker

american lockpicker License to Il

Every company that makes anything will have products that have issues. Once I even had a Glock 19 with a "mold mark". If your wanting a .40 glock get a gen 2 or posssibly a gen 4 if you want any other caliber get a gen 2, 3, or 4. Also the reason most departments go with Glock is its low price and high reliability.

3. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

Go back to your research and find the date the Kb issues happened. I'd say in the 90's.

It's your money. You don't have to buy one. But I bought 3 Glocks in .40S&W and none of them KB.

4. american lockpicker

I also once had a Glock 27 in .40 cal with no KB.

5. bulls_on_parade

bulls_on_parade

As with absolutely any product you look up on the internet you will ALWAYS get a disproportionate amount of complaints to good reviews.......whats the first thing you do if you are a computer user and you have trouble with anything ..... post bad stuff about it and the company that makes it on the internet

If you buy a great product and have no trouble with it ever ..... well why would you go out of your way to take time to post a good review about it on the internet ..... people tend to do that more often when they are mad about something

Glocks are great, the ONLY gun I will trust my life to, I have shot thousands of rounds through my glocks and I get that warm fuzzy feeling from them because I know how well they do for me every time I pull the trigger a round goes flying accurately out the other end.

I don't know how people can buy a gun and shoot 2 or 3 boxes of ammo out of it and along with the "good reviews" completely trust it ......No...... go shoot hundreds of rounds out of it, try to make it fail in every way possible, if it passes the test (by you and only you .... not the youtube guy or the guy on glocktalk) then you can trust it and call it worthy

6. Uglyguns

Uglyguns

CFR:

Have you looked at it from a percentage stand point? If I sell 1,000,000 guns and 5% are bad that's 50,000 guns. At first it may look really bad but in the big picture, it's not bad at all. You can get every opinion here, but it's up to you what you spend your money on. My .02

V/r
    Uglyguns

7. cfr

cfr

No, but thats a fine idea. Any idea how I could go about that, for Glock and others?

8. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

You have stumbled across an idiosyncracy of Google. Google rates websites based on how many OTHER websites offer links on that subject. Since bad news and controversy attract the most attention in life, bad news on any subject gets higher Google rating than does good news. This bias is, of course, not intentional, but it is real!

As a comparison, try googling Lorcin, Hi-Point, Raven, or any other el-crappo handguns and see what you get on the search. Bad news will show up on prominantly on Google for just about any subject.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  9. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

Your forgetting that in those instances more things come into play... Type of ammo and if it was inspected before use... Operators knowledge of firearms... meaning if I plunk a squib that lodges a bullet in the barrel I better know to not fire the 2nd round... or I could at the least damage my barrel... or worst case scenario get injured. Not saying this is what happened... but it plays a part.

10. Uglyguns

Uglyguns

Cfr:

I have no idea, but millions would be a safe guess.

V/r
    Uglyguns

11. cfr

cfr

Thats a good point, I really didn't pay attention to the date.

Was this issue more prevelant in the earlier Gens? Has Glock done something to correct the issue?

12. sig freak78

sig freak78

13. OKgetdown

OKgetdown Dumb Ape

Get a G17. Imaginary problem solved.

14. mad.gunsmith

mad.gunsmith NRA and GSSF Life Member Silver Member

15. JETHRO38

JETHRO38

one more Glock for me! Lol!

16. MistoGators

MistoGators 0331 - Guns Up

+1. 9mm ammo is cheaper and will stop just as good as a .40 S&W (with some decent defense ammo, of course).

17. american lockpicker

Actually the Raven isn't that bad of a gun.

18. cfr

cfr

I have long winded reasons for wanting the 22.

19. AustinTx

AustinTx

Guns that don't sell well, don't have many problems. That's because there aren't many being used, to find out if it's good or not. Check out an H&R or S&W Sigma pistol and see how many problems you can find with those guns.

20. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

I acknowledge the validity of your viewpoint.

Let's see if anyone shows up to defend the Lorcin on this thread!